We just got done meeting tons of great people at gdgt Live, but we aren’t finished yet! We are also hosting the after party, so if you registered we are looking forward to seeing you soon! As part of our after party event we will be giving away some great prizes, so warm up your Twitter handles and hashtags and get ready to win some gear! Tweet with #WPGDGT to enter!
Windows Phone Inner Circle Event
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes takes place during the operating hours of the Windows Phone Inner Circle Events on October 28 and November 2 (“Entry Period”). Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
- You are a legal resident of the 50 Unites States (including the District of Columbia), and you are 18 years or older; and
- You are an attendee at the Windows Phone Inner Circle Events Event; and
- You are NOT event exhibitor support personnel; and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, any person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
· Sign in to your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit www.twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free.
· Once logged into your Twitter account, follow the links and instructions to become a follower of @windowsphone at http://twitter.com/windowsphone.com.
· During the event tweet a comment to @windowsphone that includes the hashtag #WPGDGT
By posting a tweet you will automatically receive one (1) entry to the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person and Twitter handle regardless of the number of tweets posted.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
· Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
· Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
At the close of the Event we will select five (5) potential Grand Prize winners and six (6) potential First Place winners at random from among all eligible entries received to win one of the following prizes:
(5) Grand Prizes: A HTC Radar or HTC Titan Windows Phone Approximate Retail Value, ARV, of each $600
(6) First Prizes: A prize pack including 1 Xbox 360 video game or 1 skateboard decks
ARV of each $50
The ARV of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. We will determine the value of the prize to be the fair market value at the time of prize award.
Winners will be notified immediately and must be present to win. If a prize is not immediately claimed, it may be awarded to an alternate randomly selected winner, time and circumstances allowing.
Taxes on the prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. Prize winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release or W-8 BEN form, the selected winner will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Your odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries we receive. In the event of a dispute all decisions of Microsoft are final.
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Microsoft and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
· That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WINNERS LIST AND SPONSOR
Winners will be posted online at http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.
At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft uses the information you provide to notify prize winners, and to send you information about other Microsoft products and services, if requested by you. Microsoft will not share the information you provide with third parties without your permission except where necessary to complete the services or transactions you have requested, or as required by law. Microsoft is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above.
If you believe that Microsoft has not adhered to this statement, please notify us by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org@microsoft.com or postal mail to email@example.com Microsoft Privacy, Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remedy the situation.