Updated November 7, 2014 8:58 pm - Promised yourself you’ll work smarter this year? Windows Phone is here to help.
We’ve teamed up with celebrity designer and media personality Courtney Cachet and are kicking off a new giveaway today aimed at recharging your work style in 2012. The lucky winner gets:
- A home office makeover consultation with celebrity designer and media personality Courtney Cachet
- A home office prize package from Microsoft—including a new Windows Phone, a Windows PC, and Microsoft Office
- Home office décor and accessories from popular online retailer hayneedle.com
To enter, just send a tweet to both @WindowsPhone and @CACHETLIFESTYLE that includes a picture or description of your home office and why it needs a makeover. Your tweet must include the hashtag #WindowsPhoneWorks.
The giveaway starts today at 9 a.m PST and runs through February 3. The lucky winner will be announced on Wednesday, February 8 via Twitter. You must be a U.S. resident to win.
Here’s Courtney sharing a few Windows Phone tips and tricks for working smarter in the new year.
And here’s a few words from our lawyers, sharing the sweepstakes fine print:
Windows Phone Recharge Your Work Style Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Windows Phone Recharge Your Work Style Giveaway will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes” throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 12pm Eastern Time (ET) on January 23, 2012, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on February 3, 2012 (“Entry Period”). Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
· You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and are 18 years of age or older.
· You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
· You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
· You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
You must have a free Twitter account to enter. To register for a free account visit Twitter.com.
You will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes drawing when you log into your Twitter account during the Entry Period and tweet a message to @cachetlifestyle and @windowsphone that illustrates or describes why you deserve to recharge your work style in the new year (“Entry”).
Your Entry may be in the form of a TwitPic showing your current home office space and/or in form of a Tweet describing why your home office space needs a makeover.
Your Entry must include #WindowsPhoneWorks to be entered into the giveaway.
Limit one entry per person.
We reserve the right to reject any entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
We will automatically disqualify:
· Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
· Any entries exceeding the entry limit
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
On or around the close of the Entry Period, we will randomly select on potential Grand Prize winner and five
potential First Prize winners from among all eligible entries received to win two Contest winner to receive the
(1) A Grand Prize package consisting of:
· A Windows Phone with 30 days of temporary service
· a Windows PC
· a copy of Microsoft Office 2010
· A video chat/phone home office design consultation with celebrity designer & TV personality Courtney Cachet
An onling shopping spree of up to $2,100 in home office products from hayneedle.com based on the design consultation with Courtney.
Total ARV of all prizes: up to $3,000
By accepting the Grand Prize package you must agree to submit a high resolution before and after picture of your home office space. You will also be required to order selected merchandise from hayneedle.com and set up your home office prior to taking the final picture. We will only award one (1) prize per person during the Entry Period. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a private message to the Twitter handle you used to enter within five (5) days following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner.
Design consultation with Courtney will also include a hayneedle.com representative who will help the winner select and order the final selection of products from hayneedle.com.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter handle used to enter the Sweepstakes . If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Sweepstakes, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Microsoft,and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
· That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
· That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to randomly select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
The winner will be announced publically via Twitter on February 8th by Courtney Cachet (@CACHETLIFESTYLE) and @windowsphone.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052