This week the internet was buzzing about how upwards of 5 million Android users have phones infected with annoying adware. To help out, we offered up 20 free Windows Phones to people who shared their story about their frustrations with their Android phone, and why a Windows Phone would be a welcome upgrade.
I got nearly 1000 responses since we kicked things off (thanks to everyone who sent in a story!), and out of those, here are our 20 winners:
- @GeoffEff – I REALLY wish my Galaxy Nexus would stop rebooting while I’m on the phone.
- @hippie_mom –
@BenThePCGuy At least once a day, I get the pleasure of my phone crashing. Who has time for that? #DROIDRAGE
- @HunterRemington –
@benthepcguy how about going through five G2X’s and two Sensations in five months, if that isn’t #droidrage what is? @windowsphone #WP7
- @MonyelleMingo –
@BenThePCGuy 4 phones in 3 months. 3 hard resets in 6 months. I am dying alive from #DROIDRAGE & cannot wait for my new @windowsphone!
- @foodiegrrrl –
@BenThePCGuy Wrote a haiku about my Droid: “You make me so sad. No updates available. Windows phone next time!” #DROIDRAGE
- @JuicelessJamie –
@BenThePCGuy 140 characters isn’t enough to spell out every pain that my DroidX produces #droidrage
- @SomeoneKrozey –
@BenThePCGuy My Droid phone forces me to restart to read a text. #Droidrage so hard I’d even consider WinMo 6.5 an Upgrade at this point!
- @mistahclutch – My phone has frozen 3 times in the past 4hrs to the point of having to take out the battery.
#samsungexhibit #tmobile #droidrage
- @blackibiza – @BenThePCGuy #DROIDRAGE apps stay always loaded in memory and you have to use a task manager to kill them. For battery’s lifetime’s safe
@BenThePCGuy Love that exciting sound of a new incoming message. Hate it when it reads “Congratulations! You won a new laptop!” #DROIDRAGE
- @UnfriendlyMoose –
BenThePCGuy My phone became completely irrelavant a few weeks after it came out and will not get a update to the newer OS. @ #DROIDRAGE
- @adamismobile –
@BenThePCGuy Showing my boss something on my phone and an ad about finding a new job pops up in the notification bar. #DROIDRAGE
@benthepcguy And don’t get me started on battery life, task killers, and TouchWiz. #DROIDRAGE
- @Pinkie678 - @benthePcguy Challenged my friend to a #smokedByWindowPhone competition… Lets just say I owe my friend $$$. Pls upgrade me! #droidrage
- @ShanoukBachchan – @BenThePCGuy at any point of time, my ‘phone reboots > apps downloaded’. Avoid Android #DROIDRAGE
- @gremsems – @BenThePCGuy Could go on for wks about issues w Android,seeing my sister,brother,mother and girlfriend all come to me complaining #DROIDRAGE
- @fabiopablo95 – @BenThePCGuy Android crashes even when i (try) unlock the screen..i bought it only because other phones was too expensive for me #DROIDRAGE
- @OursTeh1337 – @BenThePCGuy got home from working late. Finally got to sleep only to be woken up an hour later by phone restarting after crash. #droidrage
- @Hobby_Chick654 – @BenThePCGuy Battery issues, freezing, worried about malware, viruses… my DroidX gives me more trouble than my 2 teenage kids #droidrage
- @Wakka420 – @benthepcguy my girlfriends droid incredible calls me on accident all the time, even when they are side by side. Its annoying. #droidrage
If you’re one of the lucky winners all you need to do to claim your prize send me an email with your name, Twitter handle, address and phone number. Be sure to include the subject “I won the second round of #DROIDRAGE Phones!” so I can find your mail in my inbox!
Thanks to everyone who sent in their story! And remember to follow me on Twitter to share your story, ask a question, or say hi.
Updated November 7, 2014 8:57 pm