Updated November 7, 2014 8:26 pm - It has officially been at least one week of school now for most US Students. This means that the yellow school buses are back on the streets, children are once again complaining about too much homework and we are struck by the constant questions of whether or not they are getting the right education with the best tools available. So, for this week’s Tech Tuesday Live Twitter Chat we are going to talk about education and what we can do to ensure that students get the tools they need to get ahead.
MSN Causes is spending the month talking about charitable programs and people who give back by helping to champion and foster great growth in education. They will join us to discuss programs, products and ideas for ensuring that your student gets the most from the back to school season. Also, we will be joined by Davis Guggenheim, the director of Waiting for Superman – a film that looked deeply at American education system and the choices that parents and children must take. Davis Guggenheim is a critically acclaimed, Academy Award-winning director and producer, whose work includes IT MIGHT GET LOUD, the 2009 documentary featuring Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White, and AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH featuring former Vice President Al Gore which won the Oscar for Best Documentary in 2007.
A few things you may want to look at before the chat include:
- This tool to help you pick the best PCs for your educational needs.
- Microsoft Authorized Refurbishers are a great place to send a PC you no longer use. Refurbishers ensure that equipment they send to nonprofits and schools works well, runs legal copies of software, and all e-waste has been properly disposed of.
- Here’s a link to 5 online tools to help you pay for college and 8 game changing school programs.
To participate in the Tech Tuesday Live Twitter Chat:
- Join us from 12-1 PT (3-4 ET) on Twitter
- Follow the hashtag #winchat
- Follow @windows, @kristinalibby, @brandonleblanc, @daniellaycock, and @windowsblog to make sure you get the whole picture.
- Answer Q1-Q4 to be eligible for the grand prize. Full legal terms and conditions here.
Note we will only be talking about the outlined topic each week and we will not be answering questions outside those topics. Questions for this week may include: What are great educational resources for my child? What type of PC should we give someone heading back to school?