The official Microsoft Insider app has been a popular way for Windows Phone owners to score new Bing wallpapers and exclusive ringtones for their phones each month. As manager of the app (and the Insider newsletter), I’m thrilled to announce we’ve just launched a new version that’s been rebuilt and redesigned for Windows Phone 8. Get it now.
Here’s a quick rundown of what’s new and improved. My own favorite new features (in case you were curious) are the ability to record your own ringtone and fan wallpapers. Check it out and tell me what you think. I’m eager to hear your questions and feedback.
- What’s new. See the latest posts from the official Windows Phone Blog and Facebook page.
- Record your own ringtone. Now you can record your favorite sound and easily set it as your ringtone. Your child’s laugh. Your wife’s, “Good morning, honey!” Your husband’s, “I love you—let me wash the dishes.” Or even your dog’s bark or cat’s meow.
- Fan wallpapers. The app now features photos taken by our fans and their Windows Phones. Got a great photo that I should consider including? Send it to me here.
- Ringtone archive. We’ll be archiving the ringtones each month inside the app, so you won’t lose past ones that you love.
- Live Tile support. Pin the Insider app to Start, and Tile will change to match your theme color. You’ll also see the Bing image of the day and headline from the latest Windows Phone Blog post.
- Bing wallpapers. By popular demand, we still have plenty of Bing wallpapers for your phone.
- Tips & tricks. Each week we feature five tips for saving time and doing more with your phone. Plus, each week’s tips are now archived in the app, so you’ll never have to worry about missing a previous tip.
- Featured apps and games. Discover 11 of our favorite new apps and games every week.