It’s the New Year and it’s time to do something good for the world. For some people that means donating old clothes to a nearby drop off or helping out a needy family but here at Microsoft it means thinking how technology can improve the world. We donate, on average, $1 million dollars a day in software to nonprofits around the world. In the hands of nonprofit organizations, technology can boost productivity, increase effectiveness through better collaboration, and extend services to new communities and individuals in need. Moreover, technology can be a powerful force that opens exciting opportunities for nonprofits to better achieve their missions and accelerate their impact. And right now, we are sponsoring a contest to encourage you to build a great Windows 8 app that will help the community.
Windows 8 Apps for Social Good invites both new and seasoned developers to create an app for “social good” – and you could win one of three cash prizes to help fuel your dream and keep it going:
- Best Overall Windows 8 App: $15,000 + Windows Phone
- Best Overall Windows Phone 8 App: $15,000 + Windows Phone
- People’s Choice: $10,000 + Windows Phone
We will talk about this and more during tomorrow’s Tech Tuesday #Winchat. See you then!
To participate in the Tech Tuesday Live Twitter Chat:
- Join us from 12-1 PT (3-4 ET) on Twitter
- Follow the hashtag #winchat
- Follow @windows, @msftcitizenship, @jamesroo @kristinalibby, @thebjohare, @daniellaycock, and @windowsblog to make sure you get the whole picture.
Updated November 7, 2014 8:07 pm