Updated November 7, 2014 6:26 pm - In tonight’s Big Game, we aired a one-minute ad that celebrates what technology can do narrated by Steve Gleason, former NFL player and post-Katrina hero of the New Orleans Saints. Steve is now living with ALS and narrates the ad in the same way he communicates daily: with his Surface Pro via eye tracking technology. Watch the ad below and read more about the ad here in a blog post from Mark Penn, Executive Vice President for Advertising and Strategy here at Microsoft.
After watching the above ad, I also recommend taking a look at these other inspiring stories from people empowered by Microsoft technology:
- 5-year-old makes strides with the help of Microsoft technology
- Technology helps Sarah Churman hear for the first time
- Harold Lasko, 96, lost his eyesight but is able to draw again thanks to Microsoft Paint
- Kids learn from each other with Mystery Skype
- Surgeons save precious time with GestSure imaging using Kinect for Windows
- Former pro-football player uses eye-tracking tech on Surface to communicate