Fitbit is launching their native app for Windows Phone 8.1 today that brings direct mobile syncing (via Bluetooth 4.0). Devices running Windows Phone 8.1 will now have instant access to up-to-date stats from Fitbit’s wireless activity trackers like the Flex, One and Zip. Fitbit’s wireless activity trackers track health and fitness metrics like steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, active minutes, floors climbed and sleep quality. With their wireless activity trackers, Fitbit wants to inspire people to lead healthier and more active lives. I am nearing my two-year mark as a Fitbit user so I’m pretty excited about their app!
The Fitbit app features a Live Tile when pinned to your Start screen giving you all the up-to-date information and notifications at a glance. You’ll see things like steps taken and how much more is needed to meet your daily goal for example. All without having to open the app. In addition to direct mobile syncing, you’ll be able to quickly log fitness and nutrition data and set or manage personal goals directly from the app. And you’ll also be able to see how you stack up against your friends on the leaderboard and cheer (or taunt) them by direct messaging them from the app.
Here is a list of what is included in the Fitbit app for Windows Phone 8.1 today:
- Real-time stats: Automatic and wireless syncing for all Fitbit activity and sleep trackers through Bluetooth 4.0
- Fitbit on your Start screen: Pin the Fitbit Live Tile to your Start screen and quickly view your step count
- Stay on track: Real-time and historical stats in easy-to-understand graphs, to help track progress and set goals
- Log more than activity: Recently enhanced food database of more than 350,000 foods with accurate nutritional data for faster, better food-logging and calorie coaching
- Get motivated: Fitbit’s motivational social tools like notifications and badges, to help reach target goals
- Stay social: Ability to challenge friends and family with leaderboards, direct messages, cheers and taunts
You can download the Fitbit app today for free from the Windows Phone Store and start syncing your Fitbit wireless activity tracker. Click here to read on getting started with their app for Windows Phone 8.1.
Please note: Fitbit currently supports Microsoft Nokia Lumia devices running Windows Phone 8.1 with the Lumia Cyan firmware. You can check their supported device page for the most up-to-date list of compatible devices as they expand compatibility to additional devices in the Windows Phone ecosystem.