It is time to get a jump-start on building apps for Windows Phone 7 with this FREE 2-day hands-on training event. This is your opportunity to learn how to build Silverlight or XNA applications that take advantage of the many Windows Phone 7 platform features. We added few more seats to these two FREE events:
- Microsoft main campus, Redmond, WA – May 18th and May 19th
- Hilton Santa Clara, CA – May 25th and May 26th
At these events, we’ll introduce all the basic topics required to start building Silverlight applications or XNA games. We’ll cover the Windows Phone 7 platform, the frameworks, and both designer and developer tooling. We’ll also cover the process for publishing your application or game to the Marketplace. These topics will be reinforced by hands-on-labs where you get to practice on your own laptops. This event will take a basic approach so, while it is not required to know Silverlight and .NET, it is highly recommended. The event will include technical content that is a few levels above the content shown during Mix. But with that said, developers new to the platform are welcome (encouraged, even!) to attend.
Attendees are expected to bring their own laptops and to participate in the Hands-On Labs, and to write their own applications. Technical prerequisites:
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 or Windows Vista
- Windows® Vista® (x86 and x64) ENU with Service Pack 2 – all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64) ENU – all editions except Starter Edition
- Installation requires 2 GB of free disk space on the system drive.
- Minimum 2 GB RAM
- DirectX 10 c
To save time, be sure to have the following installed on your laptop before arriving for the event:
- Windows Phone Developer Tools CTP
- Expression Blend 4 Beta
- Microsoft Expression Blend Add-in Preview for Windows Phone
- View Windows Phone 7 Session from MIX10
Knowledge and experience with previous versions of Visual Studio, C#, Silverlight, and XNA is useful but not required.
- The following topics will be covered at the event:
- Windows Phone 7 introduction and design philosophy
- Windows Phone 7 platform Overview
- Developer and Designer Tools Overview for Windows Phone 7
- Introduction to Silverlight
- Building Silverlight Applications for Windows Phone 7
- Hardware access (camera, accelerometer, touch, etc.)
- Push notifications
- Introduction to XNA
- XNA and Windows Phone 7
These are FREE Events; just register and show up! You’ll only have to take care of your accommodations.
- Redmond: Numerous hotels are available close to the Platform Adoption Center. For your convenience we’ve provided a hotel map of the area as well as a more comprehensive list of Redmond-area hotels.
- Silicon Valley: The Silicon Valley event will be held at the Hilton Santa Clara hotel.
See you soon
Updated November 8, 2014 12:09 am