Last month we announced the first set of winners for #WPAppItUp. The first 20 phones were awarded for some amazing student-created app prototypes. Today, I’m proud to announce the second round of winners who will all be getting a pre-release HTC Mazaa!
Please join me in congratulating these 15:
It was very encouraging to see how submissions keep evolving in their use of Metro design elements and new features in Mango. It’s obvious that people are learning from one another and pushing things further. We even saw some resubmissions from people whose prototypes weren’t selected in the first round (we had at least one winner this time who greatly improved).
Three of our favorites were InspirEngine (a GTD app with a social & gaming bent), SpellingList (helps kids learn spelling through games), and WorldPainter (create virtual graffiti anywhere and share with your friends):
As these developers are working on bringing their apps to market, you can help them make sure the finished apps rock by checking out their prototypes (follow the links above) and giving them feedback.
Third & Final Round
We’ll announce the third & final group of winners (15 total) of this contest on Friday, September 9th. If you’ve been waiting to put your idea into Sketchflow, you’ve got a bit more time.
If your prototype hasn’t been selected as a winner don’t give up. Keep at it. Prototyping tools like Sketchflow make it really easy to rapidly iterate on ideas. See what works, throw out what doesn’t, and evolve the app. Darwin. I-Ching (anyone seen the movie Collateral?).
To have a shot at one of the remaining 15 HTC Mazaas:
- Make sure you’re registered for DreamSpark
- Download and install Expression Studio Ultimate and the new Mango Windows Phone Developer Tools (available free as a member of DreamSpark)
- Get the free Sketchflow Template for Windows Phone and create a Sketchflow mock-up of your app
- Post the Sketchflow mock-up somewhere online
- By Friday, September 2nd, tweet out the link using the hash tag #WPAppItUp
- We will review all prototypes and will contact the developers who submit the best ones and send them a special Mango developer device
@benlower | +1 (206) 659-NINJA
Updated November 8, 2014 12:01 am