Location and mapping are at the heart of many of the most compelling apps and it’s easy to see why: people love using their smart phones to find and share information about where they are and what’s around them.
Microsoft supports both a unified location API and a vibrant map control, and in Windows Phone 8, these services are even more robust. With a new map control based on Nokia’s HERE service data, plus a new converged location API, you can now utilize most of your location code across both Windows and Windows Phone.
If you are looking into leveraging location and mapping in your app, here are the key resources you need in order to get started:
Official Sample Code
Nokia Developer Content
- Nokia Developer: Maps and Navigation on Windows Phone
- Nokia Developer Wiki: Maps on Windows Phone
- Code Sample: Nokia Map Explorer
- BUILD 2013: Building the Best Mapping Apps for Windows Phone Using the HERE platform
- Building Apps for Windows Phone 8 Jumpstart: Maps and Location
We encourage you to be creative with location-based services in your apps – get started today with these resources and as always, we welcome your feedback and ideas. Share them via Twitter @wpdev.