GLOBAL – This week, the Nokia N9 software update v1.1 has started to make its way to people’s smartphones, bringing new features and improvements. Some of you will have already received this update; others will receive it over the coming days or weeks. Here’s what’s improved in the latest 1.1 update.
The standby screen will show you more of what’s important to you, such as charging and calendar notifications. Music controls have been added to the lock screen, making it easier to control what’s being played without having to navigate to the music player.
For photographers, extra filters have been added and now include: black & white, sepia, vivid, negative and solarize. So now you can be even more creative when trying to capture that perfect shot.
Instant NFC tag reading is now supported, supporting wide range of NFC tags. And Swype keyboard typing is available as part of the software, making messaging even easier. Also, the Twitter application now also supports image sharing.
Other updates also include:
- Chinese language support.
- More powerful multitasking with improved memory handling.
- Faster Mail for Exchange synch, synchronizing only active folders.
- Noise cancellation, reducing background noise so that callers can hear you better.
- Swipe down to close apps easily; now on by default.
- PLUS multiple improvements to the operating system.
If you’ve received the update or are still waiting for it, let us know what new features you’re enjoying or are looking forward to in the comments below.
Updated October 1, 2015 5:09 pm