Since it was launched at the start of September the Nokia Lumia 820 has received a ton of coverage.
Pocket Lint said, “Visually, and technically, this phone is arguably more interesting than the 920.” While the guys at Phone Arena think it’s “100% Nokia,” talking about “extremely well-made phones that can withstand all kinds of harsh treatment.” After garnering so much attention, you’d think there’s nothing else to learn. Well, we spoke to Pablo Tapia, Global Marketing Manager, and he shared ten things you might still not know about the Nokia Lumia 820.
1. The Nokia Lumia 820 has 2 HAAC microphones, which means you can record loud sounds outdoors, and events like the concert below, without distortion.
2. The Lumia 820 has tons of memory. The SD card expansion supports up to 64 GB, then there’s 8 GB Internal+ 7 GB in SkyDrive. All together, that’s a whopping 79 GB of memory.
3. Tethering on the Nokia Lumia 820 supports up to 8 devices. So, you can share your superfast LTE connection with your friends or your laptop and use Wi-Fi to share your devices.
4. Despite its gorgeous looks the Nokia Lumia 820 is not a unibody device, which means that if you want, you can remove the battery.
5. With Smart shoot, you can use the Nokia Lumia 820 to create the perfect picture of friends and family. Simply take a series of pictures one after the other, then merge the best together to capture everyone at their best.
6. Rather than having a speaker on the back, The Nokia Lumia 820 has a speaker at the bottom. Consequently, when you place the device on a soft surface, you can still hear your conference call and music.
7. The Nokia 820’s Nokia exclusive lens means that you can animate your photos with Cinemagraph.
8. With Nokia Music, you can use the Nokia Lumia 820 to stream all the music you want for free. What’s more, if you connect it to a JBL speaker set, Mix radio will be your DJ all night long.
9. The Nokia Lumia 820 has NFC, which means you can connect to multiple devices, receive or send information, and in some countries pay for things like movie tickets.
10. You can use the Nokia Lumia 820’s camera to translate text. You just use Bing search, press the eye-icon and point the camera at a foreign text and you get the translation. No more blindly pointing at an incomprehensible menu.
It’s clear that the Nokia Lumia 820 is jam packed with innovative tech, but which of these ten fascinating features most surprised you? Let us know in the comments below.
Updated October 1, 2015 6:57 am