Because we’re committed to providing a fantastic experience to our Lumia 920 and 820 customers, we are releasing a software update that brings a number of enhancements initially to the Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 at AT&T in the United States and to the Lumia 920 at Rogers in Canada.
Many of the enhancements introduced today are a result of you, our customers and fans, who have reached out to us; through Twitter, Facebook, our support forums or leaving comments here on Conversations. Thanks so much for your feedback! We are listening – and taking action.
Today’s update brings the following enhancements to the Lumia 920 and Lumia 820:
- Enhancements in Messaging
- More efficient and reliable Bluetooth connectivity
- More efficient and reliable start-up sequence
- Enhancements in imaging performance and battery management
- Additional platform updates and enhancements
Although this update is initially available for owners on AT&T and Rogers in North America, we haven’t forgotten about Lumia owners in other markets. Rest assured, we are working with Microsoft and our operator partners around the globe to ensure the highest quality software updates for our family of Lumia smartphones. Together with Microsoft, we aim at beginning to deliver these updates to other markets in early February 2013.
How to update your phone
In most cases, your phone will alert you that a software update is available. To accept the update, you will only need to follow a few simple prompts.
Before you initiate a software update, here are a few helpful tips:
- Make sure your battery is fully charged when you begin the update process
- You will have to be connected to Wi-Fi for the update to initiate
- The entire update process can take up to 30 minutes to complete
If you’d like to manually check to see the update is available for your Lumia 820 or Lumia 920, go to Settings -> Phone Update -> Check For Updates.
- If Wi-Fi is not on prior to checking for updates, select dismiss and turn on Wi-Fi. (If Wi-F is on, this notice will not appear and the phone will begin downloading the update.)
- Phone will download updates and prepare to install.
- Update is ready to install. Select Install.
- Wait as the update installs.
- Update is all done. Select Done.
- Restart your phone.
- In Settings > About, confirm Software Version is now 1232.5951.1249.0001
And that’s it. The process can take a while (about 30 minutes), so please be patient.
We look forward to the continued success of the Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 and hope these enhancements make your experience on Lumia even better.
Updated October 1, 2015 6:38 am