It may only be forty-eight or so hours since news of the Nokia Lumia 520 was shared with the world, but already there’s a huge amount of analysis, reviews, hands-ons and opinions online.
Hardly surprising when you consider what the Nokia Lumia 520 represents: proof that you don’t have to compromise on quality to get a fun, affordable smartphone. To see why, let’s check out some must-know facts.
1. Just like The Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920, the Nokia Lumia 520 comes with super sensitive touch. This means you can tap and scroll the 4” touch screen with your nails, your car keys or even your gloves.
2. Also just like the 820 and 920, the Nokia Lumia 520 comes with Cinemagraph, which allows you to add motion to your still pictures and share them with your friends on Facebook, other social networks, or via email.
3. Happily, the Nokia Lumia 520 also features Smart Shoot, a unique Lumia app, which automatically takes multiple group pictures with a single click. You can effortlessly combine the pics to create the perfect shot, or even remove people altogether.
4. Another exciting photography feature is Panorama, which enables you to take super-wide-angled photos to showcase more of the scene you’re shooting.
5. If you’re into mobile tunes, you’ll be pleased to hear that the Nokia Lumia 520 includes Nokia Music, a free unlimited streaming music service, with no ads or sign up.
6. Thanks to HERE maps, you don’t have to worry about losing your way with the Nokia Lumia 520 either. This fab app provides information, photos and reviews of nearby places and includes walking guidance to your chosen destination. It also includes HERE Drive, and HERE Transit.
8. The Nokia Lumia 520 also includes Microsoft Office with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint available out of the box.
9. In the colourful tradition of the Lumia family, the Nokia Lumia 520 is available in yellow, red, cyan, white and black changeable shells.
10. Running Windows Phone 8, the Nokia Lumia 520 makes keeping organized easier than ever. People Hub puts all your social media notifications and messages into one convenient location.
Ten very good reasons to take the plunge and get your hands, gloved or not, on this fun and affordable smartphone. But which features get you most excited? Let us know in the comments below.
Updated October 1, 2015 5:35 am