Updated November 8, 2014 1:49 am - Back in October I did a blog post on Security Compliance Manager 2. We are now excited to share that the latest version 2.5 is now available for beta download!
For those not familiar with the Security Compliance Manager, SCM is a free tool from the Microsoft Solution Accelerators team that enables you to quickly configure and manage your computers, traditional data center, and private cloud using Group Policy and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. In addition to Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3, Office 2010 SP1, and Internet Explorer 8, SCM 2.5 now offer additional baselines for Exchange Server 2007 and Exchange Server 2010. Updated configuration baselines now include Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP2, , Windows XP SP3, Microsoft Office 2010 SP1, and Internet Explorer 8.
SCM 2 provides ready-to-deploy policies and DCM configuration packs that are tested and fully supported. Our product baselines are based on Microsoft security guide recommendations and industry best practices, allowing you to manage configuration drift, address compliance requirements, and reduce security threats.
Key Features Include:
- Integration with the System Center 2012 IT GRC Process Pack for Service Manager—Beta: Product configurations are integrated into the IT GRC Process Management Packs to provide oversight and reporting of your compliance activities.
- Gold master support: Import and take advantage of your existing Group Policy or create a snapshot of a reference machine to kick-start your project.
- Configure stand-alone machines: Deploy your configurations to non-domain joined computers using the new GPO Pack feature.
- Updated security guides: Take advantage of the deep security expertise and best practices in the updated security guides, and the attack surface reference workbooks to help reduce the security risks that you consider to be the most important.
- Compare against industry best practices: Analyze your configurations against prebuilt baselines for the latest versions of Windows client and server operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, and Internet Explorer.
- Learn about SCM here.
- Ready to download the Beta?
- Have any thoughts? Want to discuss your favorite features? Have feedback to help us improve the product? Want more information on a specific feature? Interested in speaking with the development team? Please contact Venkat Ganti.