Select a language to translate this page!
Powered by Microsoft® Translator
I’ve been using IE9 since the beta was released and while there is a lot I like I have really come to appreciate a few things in particular. I still run into people that haven’t heard about them or tried them out personally so thought I’d post about them here.
1. Pinning and Jump Lists. Given I’ve used desktop shortcuts and IE favorites for years I was a bit skeptical when I first heard of the pinning feature. What I found was that after I tried it I quickly got to the point where I can’t imagine NOT having it. Really. If you haven’t tried this out, you really should and once you do you should show your friends too. It’s that good.
When I started using it I realized that there are some sites that I use way more often than apps that I have pinned. Pinning them lets me treat these sites like an app. My favorite example of this is Hotmail. From the Jump List I can start composing an email in exactly two clicks. Being able to see the number of new messages in my inbox is just a bonus. I actually respond to my Hotmail email much quicker than I used to when I had it saved in my IE favorites.
All that you have to do is drag the tab at the top of the IE window to your taskbar and let go. You can pin any site to the taskbar but if the site has made a few simple additions you’ll get the full experience of Jump Lists, notifications (like how many new messages in my inbox) and more. There are tons of sites that have done this and you can find many of them listed in the IE Gallery.
If you’ve got a site of your own it’s now easier than ever to enable the full pinning experience for your visitors. Just visit http://buildmypinnedsite.com and follow the instructions.
2. Lower power consumption. This might seem like a small thing but it helps wring the most power out of my ‘always too small’ laptop battery and contributes to reducing overall energy use on any system. Sure I use sleep mode and make my screen dim quicker to save battery but those only work when I’m NOT doing something. Using IE9 as my browser saves some energy while I AM doing something.
Measuring this energy savings goes well beyond my efforts to use a Kill-A-Watt to get my PC’s power consumption down. The IE team has a great blog post on the specifics of how they measured this and the results.
3. Hardware acceleration. This one doesn’t get old but I have started to take it for granted. I’ve found myself using a PC that belongs to someone else and having it feel slightly ‘off’ as I browse the web until I realize it’s not running IE9. The full acceleration really contributes to the overall web experience besides creating truly amazing experiences in some specific scenarios. There are a couple great posts on the IE blog about this including a breakdown of the HTML blizzard demo and a rundown on the hardware acceleration architecture.
If you haven’t taken the time to install IE9 you really should check it out. Once you have it installed try out the pinning on your favorite sites. It’s truly one of those things that’s hard to be without after you experience it.
3 things I do not love about IE9:
1. Useless and dumbed down status bar.
2. Lack of dedicated search box (searching from address bar isn't good enough)
3. Does not run on Windows XP.
1. just hide it, done :) (more screenspace, and never needed the info there myself, anyways)
2. why?? there's no difference. just one less thing to think about "i want to search, i have to go top right" or "i want to enter an adress, i have to go top left". other than that, it's identical to having two dedicated boxes. really..
3. windows xp is dead. the still running systems are zombies that should be shot down immediately.
This is very good review, Mr Donnely.
Using IE9 as my browser saves some energy while I AM doing something. www.likemonclerjackets.com
It’s truly one of those things that’s hard to be without after you experience it. www.epayebay.com/canada-goose-c-233.html
There are tons of sites that have done this and you can find many of them listed in the IE Gallery. www.epayebay.com/canada-goose-c-233.html
One think that i do not love about IE9
Its a browser. for the broken HTML Language.
It’s truly one of those things that’s hard to be without after you experience it. www.epayebay.com/canada-goose-youth-expedition-parka-c-233_254.html
I don't know how anyone can pin hotmail to the taskbar. I can't, unless I disable https.
It's a well known fact that the greater part of Tibetan jewelry is made of silver, but not that traditional silver everyone of us is acquainted with, this is the so called Tibetan Silver. http://tibetancharm.com
IE9 seems to be much better than IE8. Let us what next version has to offer.
MSFT still got a lot to work on IE. Its much slower compared Crome. Its a fact, but I like IE :D
Everything will be perfect for your big day. You spend a long time to prepare which dress you would wear at the wedding ceremony, but you should nerve neglect the wedding shoes which will show how they compliment the dress. http://weddingpumpssale.com
There are a variety of different symbols used in Tibetan jewelry. These symbols include Buddha images, plus other symbols that are important in Tibetan Buddhism. Here is a brief outline of some of the images used in Tibetan jewelry. http://ihandmadestyle.com
Louboutin Boots is very popular by women, the fair maiden's necessary weapon. <a href="luxurycloutlet.com/Christian-Louboutin-Boots-category-3.html">Louboutin boots</a> are worthy of our praise fashion trend, because it will have inherited excellent fashion type and functional organic combine this one tenet, when we wore them bring us is comfortable experience. Incredible comfort and high quality make it more and more popular. We know you won't miss this Louboutin Boot.
Louboutin Boots is very popular by women, the fair maiden's necessary weapon. Louboutin Boots are worthy of our praise fashion trend, because it will have inherited excellent fashion type and functional organic combine this one tenet, when we wore them bring us is comfortable experience. Incredible comfort and high quality make it more and more popular. We know you won't miss this Louboutin Boot.
See more at luxurycloutlet.com/Christian-Louboutin-Boots-category-3.html
Christian Louboutin sandals are adequate and luxurious, can beating off Christian Louboutin Outlet, affordable for the boilerplate applicant assets. Christian is a able-bodied accepted cast and is one of the best accepted in the apple and abounding women.
If you are a plus size woman, you have plenty of dresses to choose from plus size dress section of clothing for the summers. There are different styles of clothing available for plus size women especially for this summer. Read below to know some of the most popular styles in plus size summer dresses. http://nicegoodsforyou.com
Louboutin evening shoes are the best choice of the women who lead the fashion. They have the magic that let you fashion!
Marriage is one of the most important life and significant. Every bride wants to use the expression on her big day. In fact, women should make great efforts to dress up. Many may feel a loss with respect to the choice of wedding dresses. http://cheapdressoutlets.com
The Guccio Gucci initials, started to spread all over Italy and nowadays Gucci is one of the best and most imitated designers on earth. Belts are very important for men. http://ibagchoice.com/