MICROSOFT WINDOWS BLOG RECESSION SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft Windows Blog Recession sweepstakes promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the "Sweepstakes" throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, "we," "our," and "us" refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. "You" refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on July 11, 2010, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on August 31, 2010 ("Promotion Period"). Within the Promotion Period, there will be ten (10) individual Entry Periods happening at random intervals. You must enter each unique Entry Period separately. Non-winning entries will not carryover to subsequent Entry Periods.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and are 18 years of age or older.
- o If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent's or legal guardian's permission prior to submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes; and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
To enter, visit the Windows Blog at http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/windowsexperience/ and leave a valid comment as instructed on the current "Sweepstakes Blog Post" before the end date listed in the post. In order for your comment to be valid, you must include your twitter handle and/or your first/last name. By leaving a comment, you will receive one (1) entry into the cooresponding sweepstakes drawing. Limit one (1) comment per blog post.
If you have a twitter account and follow the updates of @winashbrown, @brandonleblanc or @windowsteamblog or if you are a follower of the Windows page on Facebook, you can be alerted when a new blog has been posted although this is not a requirement to entry.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
Approximately 24 hours after the close of each unique blog posting Entry Period, we will randomly select one (1) winner from among all eligible entries received for that post to receive the prize package listed below. By the close of the promotion, a total of ten (10) winners will have been selected.
Ten (10) Grand Prizes. A Prize Package consisting of the following items:
- One (1) copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $319.99.
- One (1) copy of Office Home & Student. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $149.99.
- One (1) 16 GB Zune HD Digital Media Player. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $199.99.
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of this Package is $669.97.
The ARV of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. We will determine the value of the prize to be the fair market value at the time of prize award.
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: $6,669.07
We will only award one (1) prize package per person overall.
We will post each daily winner at http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/windowsexperience/. In addition, if you provided your twitter handle, we will send you a message via your twitter account. Winners must claim their prize within 3 days of being selected as a winner. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes . If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Sweepstakes, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer's warranty and / or terms and conditions.
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft,and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
- That Microsoft's decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
- That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN'T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the names of winners online at http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/windowsexperience/. This list will remain posted until August 31, 2010.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052