[A guest post from our friends at MSN]
MSN Onit, a new MSN lifestyle app tailored just for men, is now in Marketplace (download it now). Built with guys in mind, the app combines the best of men’s lifestyle content from MSN and leading outlets like Esquire, Men’s Health and TheSmokingJacket.com, assembling it alongside the power and convenience of Bing.
You’ll get daily life advice or morsel of trivia—on subjects ranging from science to history to sex. There are also automotive reviews—with first drives and slideshows—and tips on getting in shape, staying in shape, or amping up your workout.
Eat & Drink features provide you with tips on cooking the perfect steak, picking the perfect beer, or navigating the restaurant menu for lean dining options. You’ll find DIY articles and guides, the best in fashion and style advice for men, and sports—the latest updates as well as a lighter look. Catch up on what you missed last night on TV, or explore the realm of pop culture and sci-fi.
Looking for something closer to home? MSN Onit blends the power and hyper-local convenience of Bing with the best social networking features. Log into Facebook and share MSN Onit content with your friends.
Don’t have time to get to it all today? We’ve built in a handy “To Go” list to help you make the most of MSN Onit. Whenever you see a check mark at the bottom of the screen, just tap it for a list of “extras” to save for later. Log in with your Windows Live ID to sync your MSN Onit settings and “To Go” list between other devices with MSN Onit (coming soon).
More highlights include:
- Cars: Regular updates from MSN Autos with great reviews, first drives and slideshows of the latest and greatest cars. Find a car you like, and then find the nearest dealer to schedule a test drive using Bing Maps.
- Daily Wisdom and How To: Each day, a new bit of life advice, or a morsel of trivia, on subjects ranging from science to history to sex. Compiled from Esquire, Popular Mechanics, and the New York Times best-selling “The Intellectual Devotional.” The Daily Wisdom section is a small dose of enlightenment. This section also offers the best DIY articles and guides from Howcast and Popular Mechanics, combined with Bing, so you can build something, destroy something, or just have a solid reason to spend some time in your yard, garage, or man cave each week.
- Eat & Drink and Local Events: How to navigate that restaurant menu, what to pick up at the grocery store, what to order at the bar: the best advice from Eat this, Not That!, Esquire, Men’s Health, and Delish on MSN, every day. Plus: Bing puts the best goings-on at your fingertips—in your neighborhood, town, city or anywhere you might be traveling. Plus the local weather forecast so you will always be prepared.
- Entertainment, Music and Movies: Need to catch up on programs you’ve missed? Do it in a second with MSN’s Last Night on TV. MSN’s Parallel Universe takes you into the realm of pop culture and sci-fi, while the best celebrity info comes from Wonderwall on MSN. TheSmokingJacket.com never fails to raise an eyebrow, or a chuckle, with articles you’ll want to share. Get the MSN Music blog and the current lineup of Hollywood’s latest and greatest movies from MSN Movies, directly integrated with movietickets.com for buying tickets, directions to nearest theatres, movie trailers and more.
- Health & Fitness and Sports: The best tips on getting in shape, staying in shape, or amping up your workout from Bicycling, Fitbie on MSN, Men’s Health, and Runners World. Or Fox Sports Flash keeps you up to date on the latest in sports, while Fox Sports’ Lunch with Benefits take a lighter look at the world of sports. In between, MSN Onit will give you info on a wide range of sports (from World Cup Soccer updates to the World Cup of Surfing) along with info on local leagues and sports for yourself.
- Tech & Gadgets and Dollars & Sense: The gear you need, and the technology you lust after, is all here from MSNBC.com Technolog, Esquire, LIFE.com, Men’s Health, Popular Mechanics and TheSmokingJacket.com. MSN Money provides the best tips, tools and analysis to help make sure you can pay for all that gear you are interested in, and keep some money in the bank besides.
- Style and Beautiful Women: Esquire, Men’s Health and TheSmokingJacket.com bring you the best in fashion and style for men. Plus a weekly look at the most beautiful celebrities & models from Esquire, TheSmokingJacket.com, Wonderwall and LIFE.com, recipient of the National Magazine Award for Best Digital Photography Website A guilty pleasure to enjoy and share with your buddies on email or Facebook.
In addition to creating a unique blend of men’s lifestyle content, MSN remains committed to delivering value to advertisers too. For brands interested in reaching the their target audience with relevant messages, MSN Onit for Windows Phone 7 is ad enabled allowing advertisers of all sizes to engage guys on the go using mobile banner and text ads.
MSN Onit, a guy’s guide, for Windows Phone 7 (coming soon on other devices).
Updated November 7, 2014 10:04 pm