Last week was a tremendous week for Windows Phone developers, as we took the wraps off the new Windows Phone 8 developer platform by releasing the new SDK, delivering an exciting keynote presentation at //build 2012 and presenting 18 breakout sessions for developers. If you’re new to Windows Phone or just getting started, register for a new Individual Account by November 7 for just $8 (U.S.), a savings of $91. See Dev Center for additional details.
If you missed the event, don’t worry, every breakout session from //build 2012 is available on demand on Channel 9. For your convenience, we’ve put direct links to each Windows Phone session below.
- Windows Phone in the day 1 keynote (at 1h11m21s), or see the full keynote here.
- Windows Phone 8: Application Model (Andrew Clinick)
- Windows Phone 8: Native C/C++ Game Development (Sam George)
- Windows Phone 8: XAML Application Development (Shawn Oster)
- How to Leverage your Code across WP8 and Windows 8 (Andrew Byrne, Doug Rothaus)
- Windows Phone 8- In App Purchase & Developer Center (Zac Woodall, Arvind Ladha, Saral Shodhan)
- Windows Phone 8: Critical Developer Practices for Delivering Outstanding Apps (Stefan Wick)
- Windows Phone 8: Networking, Bluetooth, and NFC Proximity for Developers (Tim Laverty)
- Windows Phone 8: Making Money with Your Application on Windows Phone (Todd Brix)
- Windows Phone 8: HTML5/IE10 for Developers (Jorge Peraza, Rick Xu)
- Windows Phone 8: Maps, Location, and Background Execution for Developers (Adina Trufinescu)
- Windows Phone 8: Performance & Optimization for Developers (Oren Nachman)
- Windows Phone 8: Photo and Lens Apps (Eric Bennett)
- Windows Phone 8: Tiles, Lock Screen, and Notifications (Thomas Fennel)
- Windows Phone 8: Using C++ in your Applications (Peter Torr)
- Windows Phone 8: Using the Speech API (Avery Bishop)
- Windows Phone 8: Wallet and Deals for Developers (Matthias Baer)
- Windows Phone 8: App to App Communication (Sean McKenna)
- Windows Phone 8: Enterprise Development (Cliff Strom, Shawn Henry)
- Nokia Music Windows Phone 8 App-to-App APIs (Matthew Cooper, Steve Robbins)
Updated November 7, 2014 11:55 pm