We’re extremely excited to announce the Windows Template Studio 1.5.
In this release, we finalized our work for localization, added in some new features, and started work on a bunch of new features and pages.
Full list of adjustments in the 1.5 release, head over to WTS’s Github.
- Share source, share target
- Feedback hub (added in v1.4)
- Minor tweaks for Fluent
- Caliburn.Micro Support (added in v1.4)
Improvements to the Wizard:
- Localization in all Visual Studio supported language
- Adjusted the feature categories
- Lots of under the hood bug fixes and code improvements
- Much more Visual Basic engine work
- Work for supporting multiple projects in a single solution
- Work to support Prism
- Bug fixes
How to get the update:
- There are two paths to update to the newest build.
Already installed: Visual Studio should auto update the extension. To force an update, Go to Tools->Extensions and Updates. Then go to Update expander on the left and you should see Windows Template Studio in there and click “Update.”
- Not installed: Head to https://aka.ms/wtsinstall, click “download” and double click the VSIX installer.
What else is cooking for next versions?
We love all the community support and participation. In addition, here are just a few of the things we are currently building out that will in future builds:
- Image Gallery feature (In nightly)
- Web to App Link feature (In nightly)
- Visual Basic support (In nightly)
- Drag and drop service (in nightly)
- Prism support (Soon in nightly)
- Improved update system to help increase speed of startup and file size download
- Improved user interface in-line with Visual Studio
- Continued refinement with Fluent design in the templates
- Ink templates
- Improved Right-click->add support for existing projects
With partnership with the community, we’ve will continue cranking out and iterating new features and functionality. We’re always looking for additional people to help out and if you’re interested, please head to our GitHub at https://aka.ms/wts. If you have an idea or feature request, please make the request!
Updated June 28, 2018 9:25 am