GLOBAL – Fridays are the day where we pay attention to other blogs, videos or anything else that’s happening across the world. Today we’ve pulled together a few videos where you’ll see flying AR.Drones, an Angry Birds movie trailer, Indoor Navigation technology from Nokia Research Center and wireless charging at Nokia House and your chance to win $10,000 in the Nokia Shorts 2011 competition.
- Currently, it’s possible to take to the streets and find your local fast-food restaurant or take a ride in your car and travel many miles, arriving at your destination with ease thanks to Ovi Maps on your phone. But what if you could use navigation indoors to find find the rest-room or where the nearest meeting point is in a shopping centre. That would be cool, right? It’s closer to becoming a reality, as this video from Nokia Research Center demonstrated at the Otaniemi Open event this week.
- We can’t get enough of the Nokia N8 and it’s 12-megepixel camera. And it looks like lots of people feel the same. Nokia Shorts 2011 is a chance for you to win $10,000 and to have your very own film idea created that will be shown at the Edinburgh Film Festival. What are you waiting for? You’ve only got a couple two days left to enter.
- We’re all looking forward to the day when it’ll be possible to lay our phones on the table and for it to automatically start to charge. Nokia employees at Nokia House in Espoo now have the chance to test this technology out. The PowerKiss Ring charger is being used in the cafe areas of Nokia House, to keep peoples phones topped-up.
- A few weeks ago we brought you the news of a new app to hit Ovi Store that allows you to control an AR.Drone. A bunch of guys and girls have a gaming night and film their AR.Drone, being controlled by a Nokia N8. Looks like fun.
- Angry Birds has become a house-hold name across the Globe. It’s dominating nearly every mobile device out there. But what’s next? A movie? Possibly, if this trailer is anything to go by.
Don’t forget to let us know if we should be keeping our eyes on any other sites too, we’re always keen to find new, funny, weird, tech-related stories.