GLOBAL – As usual, we’ve written lots of articles about Nokia this week, from our point of view. But now it’s Friday, it’s time for us to look at the rest of the World Wide Web to see what you guys are saying, instead. In this week’s Pick and Mix we look at graphene, graphene and more graphene.
- As you may have noticed at the beginning of the week, we’re quite excited about the prospect of using graphene as a material on Nokia phones. Kat Hannaford from Gizmodo thinks it’s a good idea too, in her short story on the subject.
- Kate Solomon from TechRadar also takes up the graphene story, remarking: “graphene sounds science-fictionesquely brilliant, like the Superman of materials”. We – of course – agree.
- When we saw the headline “Why the iPad made me ditch my iPhone for a Nokia dumbphone“, by John Brownlee from Cult of Mac, we thought our S40 diary had inspired somebody to give up their iPhone for a Nokia S40 phone. But it turns out that the writer doesn’t need their iPhone now that they have an iPad and instead favours a Nokia phone. So – it seems – the two can coexist.
- For those longing to own a Nokia E7 but are waiting for payday, then we thought we’d just point out that the Nokia UK Facebook page is giving one away. Head on over there to find out how you can win.
- If you’re into DIY and are wondering “How do you make graphene?”, then here’s how – apparently:
- If that wasn’t enough, here’s Michio Kaku, Theoretical Physicist talking about graphene:
Did we miss anything this week? Let us know, below.