I’m on a roll, here is our fourth edition of Twitter Tweekly. I might be barking up the wrong tree with some of my Twitter highlights this week but hopefully some of you out there like dogs underwater?! I also have some futuristic transport on display and news from the Grammys. Oh and this building below needs to go to the dentist…
1. Russian artist Nikita Nomerz has been bringing the world around him to life recently. The ‘underground’ artist loves painting faces on decrepit and derelict buildings to give them character and personality. I caught some of his work on the Telegraph Pictures Twitter feed and I think the faces really suit their canvases.
“I have been called an underground artist, but if you’re doing street art you’re not underground. You’re already on everyone’s mind, even if you paint on abandoned rubbish and only a couple of homeless people see your work. It is public art. It would be nice if people started paying more attention to what is around us.”
2. These photos have been everywhere on Twitter this week so I just couldn’t ignore them. Even if you’re not a dog lover I defy you not to love these little underwater gems. The series is called “Ruff Water” and the images were taken by Seth Casteel from Little Friends. Which is your favourite? There are so many photos we can’t post all of them, but post the link to your favourite in the comments section or @Nokia_Connects and tell us why you like it.
3. This really caught my attention this week. Here is Oliver May’s design for The Michelin Challenge Design Showcase.
For those of you that don’t know about the Michelin Challenge Design here is more info:
‘Michelin North America created the annual Michelin Challenge Design to celebrate, promote, publicise and give visibility to original creative thinking and innovation in vehicle design. It is a collection of events and activities that reflects Michelin North America’s interest in and commitment to innovative design.’
The Shanghai Sphere 2046 is a design solution for future transportation in Shanghai. Oliver was briefed to create an environmentally friendly form of transport + reduce traffic problems in a rapidly expanding megacity structure like Shanghai and the above was the end result. A pretty ballsy design if you ask me 😉
4. We held a Nokia Social Innovation Lab down at the Design Council this week. Granted this wasn’t trending on Twitter but lots of people in our community were talking about it online so I think this counts as an inclusion in the top five! Plus I love to include entrepreneurs in this post and we spoke to FOUR this week. Here is a post that Mani.E wrote straight after the event at #SMWLDN.
5. Finally, the untimely death of Whitney Houston filled TV screens, Twitter and print media this week. There was no way to avoid the news.
The Grammy Awards 2012 paid tribute to her death and Adele shared the headlines with her 6 Grammy haul. Here is a great video from ABCNews that encapsulates both of these stories plus much more from the night.
Nokia Connects was voted one of top five influencers on Twitter at Social Media Week in Hong Kong (#SMWHK). Always great to see!!