Last week, the Nokia N9 began to receive its latest software update, delivering over 1000 quality improvements. This brings the Nokia N9 software to version 40.2012.21-3, or as it’s most commonly known, PR1.3.
While this update adds no new features, it does improve the usability of your device – so we recommend you update.
The main improvements include:
- Mail for Exchange (MfE) now supports client certificates.
- Localisation improvements and support for new error codes with the Facebook app.
- Twitter API changes that reflect the back end infrastructure of Twitter.
As well as these main updates, there are also some general updates.
- AccuWeather widget weather update fixed.
- VoIP calls now work via Skype/Gtalk when in flight mode and connected to WLAN.
- Changing the “week starts on” date within the calendar error now fixed.
There are also a lot of small improvements on network and connectivity performance.
To receive the update, head to the applications section in your Nokia N9 – Settings > applications > Manage applications > Updates (bottom right button) > Refresh. You should see the following screenshots.
Have you updated yet? Noticed any other improvements? Let us know, below.