This week we saw yet another stunning addition to the rapidly expanding Asha family of smartphones. The Asha 210 is a QWERTY device like no other. Especially geared toward social butterflies, this text-tastic beauty is the world’s first smartphone to have a dedicated WhatsApp button. But that’s not the only thing to get excited about. Here’s ten other fantastic features you need to know about.
1. WhatsApp is offering their service for free on all Nokia Asha 210 devices with the WhatsApp button for their lifespan.
2. As well as WhatsApp, the phone comes with Facebook, Twitter and support for email accounts, so you’ll never be more than a few moments away from status updates, chat and messages.
3. The 2-megapixel camera can be activated using a dedicated button on the front and even works even when the phone is locked, so you’ll never miss a shot.
4. The camera comes with smart imaging software. The self-portrait feature gives you voice-guidance on where to point to make sure your face is in the frame. And once you’ve taken your shot, you can edit images directly in the camera app.
5. You’ll also find the Nokia Nearby web app to help you discover local sights, restaurants and other points of interest.
6. The Nokia Xpress Browser uses cloud-based technology to reduce data consumption by up to 90 per cent.
7. You can share photos and files using Nokia Slam technology, which allows sharing over Bluetooth, without pairing the devices.
8. It comes in Single and Dual-SIM variants, with Nokia’s Easy-Swap technology to allow you to change SIM cards on the go. You don’t even have to switch the phone off to change the SIM in the slot on the side.
9. The Nokia Asha 210 has an astonishing battery life. You’ll get up to 46 days standby with the Single SIM model; up to 24 days with Dual SIM.
10. The Nokia Asha 210 is available in yellow, cyan, black, magenta and white.
Hard to believe you can get all this wonderfulness for just 72 US dollars, but it’s absolutely true. While we’re totally loved up with the Asha 210, we’re keen to know what you think. So, please feel free to share your thoughts down below.