You only have to do a web search to see how the latest stunning addition to the much-loved Nokia Asha family of phones, the Nokia Asha 501, has taken the world by storm.
But what exactly is it about this multi-coloured masterpiece that’s getting people so excited? Here are ten key reasons, we think, everyone’s enthusiasm is getting fired up.
1. It looks gorgeous. It’s a Nokia, so what do you expect. Yet with its clean lines, compact form and seamless look, the Asha 501 shouts design quality. No wonder when it’s part of a unified modern design family, which includes everything from the Nokia Lumia 920 to the Nokia 105.
2. It showcases your style. Everyone likes to stand out from the crowd and with six colours, bright red, bright green, cyan, yellow, white and black, to choose from, the Asha 501 sure does that.
3. It’s powered by a new software platform. The Asha platform takes advantage of Nokia’s investments in Smarterphone, and builds on the best aspects of Series 40 to create something fresh and innovative.
4. It’s evolutionary operating system is fast, responsive, easy to use and flexible. This means new features and functionalities can be anticipated with future updates.
5. It has an amazing user experience, centered around a landmark new feature called Fastlane. Inspired by the much-loved swipe motion gestures on the iconic Nokia N9, Fastlane makes it faster and easier to access whatever is most important to you
6. It comes with loads of apps and 40 free games. Straight out of the box, there will be Facebook, Twitter, instant messaging and Weather Channel apps installed, together with 40 Free EA Games for you to download and keep forever from the Nokia Store.
7. It helps you surf the internet ‘smarter’ with an updated version of the Nokia Xpress browser, which uses cloud-compression technology to reduce data by up to 90 per cent, making it both faster and cheaper to get online.
8. It’s the first Nokia device at such a low price point to use a micro-SIM. Furthermore, it will come in a single-SIM variant and a Dual-SIM version with Nokia’s unique Easy-Swap SIM technology, which allows people to switch SIM cards without having to power off the device.
9. It features a 3.2-megapixel camera, WiFi, a lock screen with a glanceable clock and the 3-inch capacitive screen is made out of hardened glass. There’s 4GB of internal memory and support for a micro-SD card up to 32GB.
10. It has an incredible battery life of 48 days in standby and 17 hours of talk time – that means you could talk from 7am to midnight non-stop.
These features alone are enough to get people’s hearts racing, but when you discover it’s retailing for just 99 dollars, you can see exactly why it’s causing such a stir. Nonetheless, if there are any other things that have you flushed with excitement, let us know in the comments below.