A million plus reasons why we love Twitter
It launched in 2006 and was nearly called Smssy, Throbber and Friendstalker.
Now, the far more aptly named, Twitter has more than 200 million active users worldwide. It took three years, two months and one day for the first billion Tweets to be sent on the platform. Incredibly, the same number are now sent every 48 hours. Hardly surprising then that we’ve been so loved up with it since we launched @Nokia in 2007. Six years later and our love is stronger than ever. Here’s why it sends our hearts all of a twitter.
1. We can help everyone grow a mo.
2. You can show us how fashionistas roll, mobile style.
3. We can share historic moments in all their tablet-tastic glory.
4. We can have indestructible fun together.
5. We can have a laugh with our friends.
6. You can open your heart to us and we can open ours back.
7. We can roll with the leaks.
8. We can spread the Lumia love.
9. We can have a smashing time with Miley.
10. You can blow our minds with your magic
And the other million plus reasons? YOU! Yes, this week we hit over a million followers. Thanks a million to you all for joining us on our Twitter journey. We’re now looking forward to the next million. In the meantime, why not share your best Nokia Twitter moments, either from those above or from the other 21, 244 tweets we’ve shared in the last six years.
We’d love relieve them, either in the comment below or, of course, via Twitter @Nokia.