Nokia Lumia Instagramer of the week: Bridgette Shima
Renowned photographer, Robert Frank once said, “Above all, life for a photographer cannot be a matter of indifference”.
Thanks to the advent of mobile photography, this observation is truer than ever. Nowadays, life can literally be captured any time and anywhere, and with apps like Instagram, shared with the world in seconds. It’s no surprise that this opportunity to document the world’s beauty appeals to so many Nokia sharp shooters. One person who does this in spectacular style is this week’s Lumia Instagramer, Bridgette Shima from Seattle, USA. A member of the awesome We Are Juxt mobile photography community, she shares her thoughts and her photos below. Over to you, Bridgette.
Which Nokia Lumia do you have and what do you like most about it?
I started with the Nokia Lumia 920 and am now using the Lumia 1020. The camera is what separates this device from the rest. Under the right settings and conditions, photos are crisp and beautiful.
Where do you shoot most of your photos and what sort of photos do you like to take best?
My images are a reflection of where I’ve been and of moments in time in and around Seattle. I enjoy taking photos of nature and my son, both of which go hand-in-hand. He’s normally exploring while I’m eyeing my next shot 🙂
What are your top tips for taking Instagram photos on your Nokia Lumia?
1. Use InstaSquarer to post images that aren’t in a 1:1 ratio. For a cleaner look, select the white background.
2. When posting square photos, upload the image directly to Instagram – then scale and crop within the app.
3. Get familiar with the filters and if you’re looking for other styles then I suggest using apps such as Fhotoroom, Fotor, Camera360, etc which offer a variety of filters and effects.
4. Up for something different? Give Oggl PRO a try. It’s a really neat app that lets you take analog photos and share them to Instagram, twitter, tumblr, Foursquare, Flickr and Facebook – super easy and fun.
5. And finally, be true to yourself. Post what you like and as often as you wish. Connect with people and enjoy the experience!
Which five Nokia Lumia instagramers do you recommend everyone to follow?
Which are your favourite photos you’ve shared on Instagram and why do you like them?
Clamming at mocrocks beach. Pictured here is my father-in-law on one of our family adventures.
This is one of my first long exposure shots, taken at a creek near my home just before sunset.
My son was playing hide-n-seek, laughing the entire time. Gotta love those moments!
Just love the neutral, earthy colors. Taken with one of my favorite Oggl combos, Jane + Blanko Freedom13.
Just love the way the light sparkles in the water. Bliss.
A first sign of winter.
Another episode of hide-n-seek but this time he covered his face with the biggest leaf he found.
Being on the field is so exciting! I just love how Coach Sarkisian is standing still in the midst of high anticipation.
Caught this fan in the stands sitting all alone, in a zone. He didn’t even notice me.
One of two in a series taken at the Seattle Waterfront. It was a magical night.
We’re huge fans of Bridgette’s photography and love the way they celebrate life in America’s beautiful North West. If you’d like to see more of her work, make sure you follow her on Instagram. And if you’re a Nokia Lumia Instagramer who’d like to see their life showcased here, you can either follow me on Instagram or share your best pics with #Lumia, or both. In the meantime, we’d love to know which of Bridgette’s photos you enjoyed most in the comments below.