“Thanks to Nokia and its amazing Nokia Lumia 1020 I’m a smartphone photographer and I am so proud of that.”
We know for a fact that this week’s Lumia Instagramer isn’t the only who has had his photographic life transformed by the world’s greatest camera smartphone. Nonetheless, it’s still great to hear. One thing that even better than hearing about this transformation is seeing it. Happily, 18-year-old Alexander Guido González, from the small town of Misiones in Argentina, is allowing us to do that too. This final year student, who plans to study photography has shared an amazing portfolio of shots, but before we check them out, let’s here more from the man himself .
Which Lumia do you have and what do you like most about it?
I have a Nokia Lumia 1020. What I like most about it, no doubts is it’s 41MP camera! Specially the manual focus, I’m in love with its manual controls, it lets you make the most out of your camera. The low light pictures you can take are also amazing. During the day -when photographing nature/people/everything- you get really lovely and vivid colours. How you can choose to shoot whether 5 or 34MP photos, even in RAW! It’s incredible the choices you have when shooting.
Besides its camera and the lovely yellow colour, the OS gets better everyday. It’s so personal, secure and customizable. I’m really in love with everything inside as well as out.
Where do you shoot most of your photos and what sort of photos do you like to take best?
Well, most of my photos are taken in my town or near it, but if I go farther away I always capture everything. I like to take photos with lot of focus, portraits, macros, the closer I get the more I like. I also like to take photos of nature, like landscapes or sunsets and here in Misiones we have really beautiful green places.
What are your top tips for taking Instagram photos on your Lumia?
Well, personally, I take pictures of everything, sometimes of things I think are not worth it, but keep them anyway. I import them to my computer and then every single picture surprises me when editing. It’s amazing the things you can do with simple photos. Try to sometimes take pictures that can say something without writing long or short captions, I think Instagramers like pictures with more story in it than in words. But don’t always try to be the centre, share things you like and love, that of course mean a lot to you, not just to gain followers, I also think the main idea is to ‘ share, teach and learn from one another’ like an Instagram friend said to me. Also try take bright pictures. It’s easy to reduce light, but when it comes to adding it, it’s a little bit harder.
Which five Lumia instagramers do you recommend everyone to follow?
What are your 10 favourite Lumia photos?
1. Girl in the woods. What I like in this picture is the focus and the cold tones in the branches and leaves.
2. The rose guy. I love the sharpness of this photo and how you can edit your photos having so much quality like 1020 gives you. Didn’t think I could have this result when editing, it surprised me.
3. Top of the house. With the 1020’s amazing zoom I shoot the top of the house -what I liked the most- in 1:1/16:9 without losing quality.
4. The Pink tree or Lapacho Rosado (Spanish). This beautiful tree is found in my province and they’re about to disappear sadly, but also luckily I was able to take lovely and colourful pictures of it.
5. Spring Strawberries. No doubt, in love with the colours and the brightness of the picture.
6. The green pin. The sharpness I could get focusing here in those rain drops and the plants.
7. Flowers. Colours! In love with the amazing colours of Nokia Lumia!
8. Me. I loved the brightness and how I could make this photo look like a real professional Photo shoot by zooming, while never losing quality.
9. Violet Sunset. A different sunset, the clouds and rays of light.
10. Low light. I love how everything is so clear in this photo, the clouds in the background and the moon, the tones and colours at night.
Alexander tells us he’s had his Lumia for just six months after begging his father to help him get it. We’re very happy his father obliged because the results are really are stunning. If you want to see more of Alexander’s photos be sure to follow him on Instagram. And to be considered for Lumia Instagramer of the Week simply hash tag your photos #Lumia and follow us on Instagram too. In the meantime, we love to hear which of Alexander’s photographic gems you loved best.