Have you got hold of the new Lumia 640 or Lumia 640 XL? Here’s our guide to activating extra features such as 1TB of OneDrive storage and 60 minutes of Skype calling on your new Lumia smartphone.
The new Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL aren’t just two new amazing and affordable Lumia devices. They’re also powerhouses in productivity.
To prove it, both smartphones come with a one-year subscription to Office 365 Personal (retail price: $70 USD).
Besides full access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other productivity applications, your Office 365 subscription also comes with one free terabyte of OneDrive storage and 60 free minutes of Skype Unlimited Worldwide* calling to cell phones in eight countries and landlines in more than 60 countries.
In addition to Office 365 on your Lumia, the subscription also includes access to Office 365 on one PC (or Mac) and one tablet, should you need to maximize your productivity.
Set up your Lumia to use Office 365
Once you’ve activated your Lumia 640 or Lumia 640 XL smartphone, here’s how you can claim the Office 365 subscription.
- Download the Office 365 Gift app here.
- Open the app and tap Continue to proceed.
- The app will verify if your device is eligible and that you are logged in.
- Once your Lumia 640 or Lumia 640 XL smartphone gets validated, accept the terms and conditions and enter your e-mail ID.
- You will then receive a code in your registered e-mail inbox and further instructions to complete the process.
Set up your free 1TB of OneDrive storage
Once you’ve activated your Office 365 subscription, sign into OneDrive using the same Microsoft account.
Click the Get More Storage link in the bottom left of the OneDrive screen and you should automatically have an option for 1TB of additional storage.
Set up 60 minutes of free Skype calling
- Sign in to Office with your Microsoft account.
- In the services and product section, under Skype, select “Activate your Skype world minutes.” The activation page will be displayed.
- If you already have a Skype account, select Activate and sign in to your account. For new users, click “Create Skype account” under “New to Skype?” and follow the instructions to join Skype.
- After you sign in to Skype, it takes a few minutes to activate your Skype world minutes. When the activation is complete, you’ll see a message saying, “Your Skype world minutes are ready” at the top of the My Account screen.
- That’s it – you’re ready to make calls using your Skype world minutes subscription!
*Available in select markets.