Starting today, October 13th, the Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Surface Hub will be released to customers through Windows Update.
Since we began shipping Surface Hubs in March, we’ve been inspired by how customers such as Bartlitt Beck, European School of Management and Technology, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Case Western Reserve University, SHoP Architects, Unfallkrankenhaus Berlin and the Royal Academy of Music have used Surface Hub to bring their organizations together to work, create and learn.
Demand for Surface Hub is strong. To date, we have shipped to over 600 customers in 24 different countries and that number continues to grow.
Demand for Surface Hub is strong. To date, we have shipped to over 600 customers in 24 different countries and that number continues to grow. A wide range of businesses and industries including healthcare, manufacturing, automotive, consulting, defense, finance, education, and design have embraced Surface Hub and brought their organizations to new levels of innovation and helped maximize efficiencies for their teams.
Over the last 6 months, we’ve worked closely with our customers to gather feedback on how we can continue to make the Surface Hub experience the best collaborative experience in the world. That feedback is front and center as we build out what’s next for Surface Hub.
Starting today, October 13th, the Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Surface Hub will be released to customers through Windows Update. The update will be released in stages with the goal to make it available to all customers by early November. Customers can find information to get ready to take the update in the Surface Hub Support Webpage.
As part of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Surface Hub, we’ve made deep investments in inking and content sharing experiences. Here are some of the great new features on their way:
Inking support across Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
People love inking on Surface Hub! With this update, we are extending inking across Word, Excel and PowerPoint. This means the people can now pick up a pen to start annotating directly on their Word docs or Excel sheets on the hub. We’ve also added a “Draw” toolbar in the ribbon with a variety of inking tools.
Support for simultaneous Pen and Touch
Now people can use both hands to edit content on the fly, or use a mixture of pen and touch when multiple people are collaborating with the Surface Hub. This is possible even while several apps are open simultaneously.
Save & Recall Whiteboards directly through OneDrive
One of the most loved features of Surface Hub is the ability to send whiteboards to meeting participants via e-mail as image or OneNote file. Now, we’ve added the ability to sign in, to save and recall Whiteboards directly from OneDrive. This helps people pick up right where their last meeting ended with a simple and secure sign-in experience.
Support for 3rd party peripherals
We’ve added support for third-party peripherals to offer choice and flexibility in audio, video and microphone configuration. Our Surface Hub and Skype for Business engineering teams have successfully tested the following devices. We will continue testing across our partner portfolio in the upcoming months to confirm additional peripherals.
- BiAmp TesiraForte CI
- Jabra 810
- Logitech Group
- Logitech PTZ Pro
- Polycom CX5100
Additional Feature updates
- PowerBI, OneDrive, Photos are now preloaded apps on the Surface Hub
- Flash support for Edge
- Skype for Business improvements, including support of Video Based Screen Sharing (VBSS) for improved content sharing, meeting call reliability improvements, video and gallery interface improvements and bugs fixes and meeting join performance improvements
- User Interface (UI) and Experience (UX) optimization to have the most common Surface Hub settings in one place
- Additional support for IT-based management and deployment via Intune
- Added support in Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD) for the Surface Hub Configuration Service Providers (CSPs). This allows customers to configure several Surface Hub settings using provisioning packages after Out-Of-Box-Experience (OOBE)
- Improved Surface Hub Log Analytics solution on Operations Management Suite (OMS), giving a clearer view of issues to monitor and recommended remediation
- Enhanced documentation about support for Windows Update for Business, allowing admins to control and stage Windows updates
- Support for replicating High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) protected video content onto external monitors
For a comprehensive list of features and fixes included in the update, please check out the Surface Hub update history page.
We are grateful to our customer and partner community for their input and partnership as we make Surface Hub an unparalleled collaboration experience. If you are interested in purchasing Surface Hub for your business and for more details about Surface Hub and our partner reseller channel, please visit this link.