Hi everyone, we are releasing Build 10130 of the Windows 10 Insider Preview to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. This build has been in use by Windows Insiders in the Fast ring since 5/29 and has proven to be stable enough to publish for Insiders in the Slow ring along with a few fixes that we made for top issues being hit in the Fast ring. You can read about what’s new in Build 10130 in my blog post here. Here are the fixes that are immediately available for Build 10130:
- KB3070365: We fixed an issue where if you click on the icons on the Taskbar (Start, Cortana, Network, Battery, and Action Center) in this build, the expected fly-out might not open.
- KB3069069: We fixed the issue where after upgrading to this build audio playback is lost in some hardware configurations.
- Note: Some sound cards may fail to operate in multichannel mode. The workaround to the problem is to set the default audio format to stereo.
- KB3070677: We fixed an issue where if you’re running the “Core” edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview and Windows Update might not detect new builds available.
- KB3070982: This dynamic update prevents an issue that can result in the loss of audio when the upgrade is completed in some hardware configurations.
Some of these will be applied during setup of the build as Dynamic Updates, but check Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates after you’ve upgraded to make sure you have everything you’ll need.
There is a known issue with the Surface 3 that prevents the Windows 10 Insider Preview from installing – we suggest holding off until we fix this issue. One last thing, if you hit an error code of 0x80246017 trying to install this build from Windows Update, you can download the ISO. With the ISO, you can open it and upgrade directly from the ISO to get unblocked.