UPDATE 3/30: Today we are moving Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring to the Windows 10 Creators Update (Build 15063) for PC. This is an important step as we prepare to roll out the Windows 10 Creators Update to customers around the world starting on April 11th. Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring will be helping test the update path from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) that customers will be taking. The Creators Update is designed to spark and unleash creativity, bringing 3D and mixed reality to everyone and enabling every gamer to be a broadcaster. Beyond creativity, it brings new features to Microsoft Edge, additional security capabilities and privacy tools, and so much more. If you are a Windows Insider in the Release Preview ring, check out this blog post from Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President in the Windows and Devices Group, on more details on the Creators Update.
UPDATE 3/29: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063.2 for Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring.
UPDATE 3/28: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063.2 for Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This build includes a single fix to enable the ability to update to Build 15063 from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) on Windows phones.
UPDATE 3/23: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring.
Hello Windows Insiders!
Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed a reliability issue from Build 15061 resulting in Microsoft Edge hanging and becoming completely unresponsive.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders where the localized files and registry keys associated with any additional language packs on the system would not be installed after enabling .NET Framework 3.5.
Other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- We fixed the bug causing a number of inbox apps to fail to launch (such as Store) and also preventing any app updates from the Store from working. Thank you all for sending us feedback around this.
- We fixed the bug causing background tasks to not run in the background like they should such as OneDrive’s camera roll sync feature. Background tasks should be working again as expected and your camera roll will sync to OneDrive again.
- We fixed the issue where in some cases you may lose your call, text, and email history may be lost if your device experiences an unexpected reboot.
- Speech Packs should download and install normally.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders with certain cars resulting in connection failures after pairing Bluetooth.
- We fixed an issue where replacing the default APN for LTE on the phone wouldn’t work.
Known issues for PC
The upgrade path from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) to this Windows 10 Creators Update build is not yet live and will be live tomorrow morning.UPDATE 3/21: The upgrade path from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) to this build is now live. You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted. These will go live later this week.UPDATE 3/21: All additional language packs should now be available.
- If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112, reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key:
[code language=”powershell”]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RequestedAppCategories\8b24b027-1dee-babb-9a95-3517dfb9c552[/code]
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
- ADDED 3/23: Double-clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the notification area does not open Windows Defender. Right-clicking on the icon and choosing open will open Windows Defender.
- ADDED 3/23 for Barb: Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. The updated drivers for the Surface 3 that fix this issue have not yet been published to Windows Update.
Known issues for Mobile
- Updating from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) directly to this build won’t work. There will be an extra hop required to get to this build. If you use WDRT to go re-flash your device and join the Fast ring, you will not be offered this build and instead offered Build 15055. Once you’re on Build 15055, your device will find Build 15063 and take the update then.
- Some users are reporting that pages are constantly reloading or refreshing, especially while they are in the middle of scrolling them in Microsoft Edge. We’re investigating.
ADDED 3/21: If you get a “Restart your phone before you can start getting Insider Preview builds” notification after updating to this build – do not restart your phone and see this forum post!This is fixed!
- ADDED 3/28: The keyboard sometimes does not appear when a text input field is selected in Microsoft Edge.
- ADDED 3/29: For Insiders who have upgraded from a prior 150xx build to Build 15063, the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” Settings page and the Connect UX page may fail to open.
We know the builds have been fast and furious lately. We appreciate your enthusiasm and excitement and we absolutely love co-creating this product we love with all of you.