UPDATE 9/7: Today, we have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17744.1004 to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring as a Cumulative Update (KB4462775). This update includes the following fixes:
- A reliability issue where restart warnings is not displayed for user-scheduled update restart.
- Security Configuration and Analysis snap-in for Microsoft Management Console does not list System Services.
KB4462775 is packaged using a new design that Windows Insiders preview builds can download and install more efficiently. To learn more, see What’s next for Windows 10 and Windows Server quality updates.
UPDATE 8/30: Today, we have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17744 (RS5) + KB4459375 to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. KB4459375 includes a single fix for the issue causing PCs to bugcheck (BSOD) when logging out of your user profile or shutting down your PC. KB4459375 is packaged using a new design that Windows Insiders preview builds can download and install more efficiently. To learn more, see What’s next for Windows 10 and Windows Server quality updates.
Hello Windows Insiders!
Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17744 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- [ADDED] We fixed the issue causing PCs to bugcheck (GSOD) when deleting a local folder that is synced to OneDrive as of Build 17741.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in certain apps crashing when sending Timeline activities.
- We fixed an impactful race condition in recent flights resulting in Cortana crashing when launching tips and doing web searches.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the nearby sharing section of the Share UI not being visible for some users despite being enabled.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the contents of the Microsoft Edge window becoming offset from its window frame.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the spellchecking menu appearing in the wrong place when you right-clicked on a misspelled word in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders using Windows 10 in S Mode recently resulting opening Word from a Word Online document not working.
- We fixed an issue in Narrator so when toggling a checkbox with a braille display and Narrator, the displayed state is now updated and the control information is maintained on the display.
You may experience a bugcheck (GSOD) when logging out of your user profile or shutting down your PC.Fixed as part of KB4459375.
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
- After setting up a Windows Mixed Reality headset for the first time on this build with motion controllers, the controllers may need to be re-paired a second time before appearing in the headset.
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,