Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19037.1 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast and Slow rings.
If you want a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring, head over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here including a complete list of new features and updates that have gone out as part of Insider flights for the current development cycle.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build.This doesn’t mean we’re done…
- Windows PowerShell ISE is now a Feature on Demand (installed by default), and you will see it in the list in Optional Features Settings.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- Some Insiders have reported when attempting to install recent builds, setup rolls back and returns error code 0xc1900101. In some cases, the update completes successfully on a subsequent attempt. If you’re experiencing the issue, please be sure to file feedback in the Feedback Hub.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they’re attached.
- We’ve received reports of the Optimize Drives app incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on some devices.
- [ADDED 1/15/2020] We are aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a beta of NVDA that resolves the known issue with Edge. Further information can also be found in the In Process blog post that goes into more detail about the beta.
Continuing our #WIPTurns5 celebrations
In honor of the Windows Insider Program turning 5 this year, we’ll be celebrating with a special holiday treat! Join us on Twitter this month for #25DaysOfWIP to learn about some of the many features and changes your feedback has helped drive in Windows. And don’t forget to tell us your favorites!
Solar System Discovery
The Solar System is fascinating, yet complicated. It can be difficult to understand, but that can change with a little help from Bing. Check out our interactive Solar System feature! We display the distance between the Sun and the objects that orbit it. Learn about mass, speed, periods, and more. Bing breaks this information down, helping others become Solar System experts.
If you want to be among the first to learn about these Bing features, join our Bing Insiders Program.