UPDATE 4/27: We’ve released Cumulative Update Build 19613.1005 (KB4558320) today with no major changes. This update is designed to test our servicing pipeline with builds from the Active Development Branch in the Fast ring.
Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19613.1000 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
You can check out our Windows Insider Program documentation here, including a list of all the new features and updates released in builds so far. Not seeing any of the features in this build? Check your Windows Insider Settings to make sure you’re on the Fast ring. Submit feedback here to let us know if things weren’t working the way you expected.
If you want a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring, head over to Flight Hub. Please note, there will be a slight delay between when a build is flighted and when Flight Hub is updated.
Other updates for Insiders
Cortana app update
We’re starting to roll out a Cortana app update for Insiders in the Fast ring that will turn on Bing Answers and Assistant Conversations for the following regions and languages:
- Australia: English
- Brazil: Portuguese
- Canada: English/French
- France: French
- Germany: German
- India: English
- Italy: Italian
- Japan: Japanese
- Mexico: Spanish
- Spain: Spanish
- United Kingdom: English
If you use Windows in one of these languages, here are some examples to try with the update:
- What’s the weather?
- What can you do?
- Convert one inch to centimeters
Look for version 2.2004.1706.0 to know you’ve received the update. This is a staggered rollout, so you may not see it right away.
- We fixed an issue that was causing app icons in the taskbar to not display correctly, including defaulting to the .exe icon. This issue may have also caused some Insiders to have more reliability issues with explorer.exe.
- We fixed an issue impacting Windows Forms applications where the ImmSetOpenStatus() API wasn’t changing the IME mode correctly when setting focus to text fields while using the new Japanese or Chinese IMEs.
- We fixed an issue from recent builds for Insiders with multiple monitors, resulting in Visual Studio sometimes not responding to clicks.
- We fixed an issue where the doskey / listsize command had no effect.
- We fixed an issue where the doskey /reinstall command killed the commandline session rather than reloading doskey.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Settings crashing when uninstalling a font.
- We fixed an issue impacting some users that could result in Task Manager always showing 0 seconds for Last BIOS Time.
- We’ve made some improvements to address an underlying issue that could result in a black screen for some users for a while after logging in. If you continue seeing this issue, please try pressing WIN+Shift+Ctrl+B and then log feedback in the Feedback Hub.
- We’re aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re investigating reports that the battery icon on the lock screen always shows close to empty, regardless of actual battery levels.
- We’re investigating reports of IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build. You will need to back up your IIS configuration and restore it after the new build is installed successfully.
- Quickly switching between WSL distros using the File Explorer integration could cause a transient access error. We’ve identified the cause of this issue and are releasing a fix soon.
We’re investigating reports that some Insiders are experiencing unexpected freezes and bugchecks with error DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION in the last few builds.
Celebrate Earth Day with Bing
Bing wants to help you celebrate Earth Day! Check out the Earth Day feature on Bing, where we include fun facts, quotes, trivia, and more. We also feature a special Image of the Day, showcasing the beauty of Earth’s environment. Share with your friends and family to learn more with Bing!
If you want to be among the first to learn about these Bing features, join our Bing Insiders Program.