Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19631 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
You can check out our Windows Insider Program documentation here, including a list of all the new features and updates released in builds so far. Not seeing any of the features in this build? Check your Windows Insider Settings to make sure you’re on the Fast ring. Submit feedback here to let us know if things weren’t working the way you expected.
If you want a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring, head over to Flight Hub. Please note, there will be a slight delay between when a build is flighted and when Flight Hub is updated.
Other updates for Insiders
ARM64 VHDX available for download
Back in February with Build 19559, we added the ability to install Hyper-V on ARM64 devices such as the Surface Pro X running the Enterprise or Pro editions of Windows 10. Today, we are offering the ARM64 VHDX for Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19624, so that Insiders can run Windows 10 as a guest OS in Hyper-V. You can download the VHDX here. We will regularly release updated VHDX downloads for newer Insider Preview builds going forward.
Note: Hyper-V on Windows 10 ARM64 devices only works on Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds 19559 and above. Nested virtualization is not supported.
General changes & improvements
- We updated the configuration of Windows Hello to make sure it works well with 940nm wavelength cameras.
- Windows Sandbox WSB files are now case insensitive.
- We fixed the issue causing the IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build.
- We fixed an issue that could result in a key press not waking up a device from connected standby in certain scenarios.
We fixed an issue impacting Remote Desktop reliability.
- We’re looking into an issue where some devices booting from eMMC storage may bugcheck when resuming from hibernate.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re working on fixing an issue for a future Insider Preview build where in Settings > Privacy the Documents and Downloads sections show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- We’re looking into reports that taskbar preview thumbnails aren’t rendering consistently (showing a blank area).
Free Online Games with Bing
Looking for fun games to play online? Check out our online games and puzzles feature on Bing! Challenge your friends to a game of Uno, Checkers, Connect4, and more.
If you want to be among the first to learn about these Bing features, join our Bing Insiders Program.