Developers often ask us “how can Microsoft help me promote my app?”
Beyond looking at the best practices we published, we’ve heard you, and as a result have launched a program called [Your App Here].
The goal is to highlight great applications and give them a chance to shine. The program is available to developers in the United States.
Here’s the overview of the [Your App Here] program:
- Each month from December through February, up to seven apps will be selected and promoted in campaigns created and funded by Windows Phone.
- The prize: Winning apps will be featured in a digital Windows Phone advertising campaign, with banner ads and up to one million ad impressions across the MSN Network of sites. During the campaign, apps will also get a featured placement on the Windows Phone Marketplace.
- 10/25 – For December 2011 Campaign Consideration
- 11/16 – For January 2012 Campaign Consideration
- 12/22 – For February 2012 Campaign Consideration
Interested in participating?
Visit www.wpyourapphere.com for details, app submission, rules and deadlines.
For future details around this promotion such as winners, developer spotlight and general update please visit AppHub.
Submit now, deadlines are fast approaching.
JC Cimetiere – @jccim