As we saw last week at CES, the automobile space continues to be a hotbed of innovation, particularly in the connected car realm. This week we will see even more connected car app scenarios at the largest international car show, the North American International Auto Show held in Detroit. It is exactly this type of creative and forward thinking that leads to amazing new developments, which is the cornerstone of the Windows Dev Center Partner Program. It’s with that in mind that we are excited to announce that Mojio, a Windows Dev Center Partner and creator of the open platform for connecting cars, is launching the Mojio Windows Phone Developer App Contest. Microsoft and Mojio will co-judge the contest and select the finalists and grand prize winners, who will receive $1000 Visa gift cards and have their Windows Phone apps highlighted by Mojio. Contest entries can be submitted January 12 – February 12, 2015, for the following five categories:
- Green app: Focuses on reducing drivers’ carbon footprints.
- Fleet app: Focuses on managing a fleet of more than one vehicle more effectively.
- Business app: Focuses on helping a business manage its resources (i.e., people, time, money) more effectively.
- Gamification app: Focuses on gamifying driving in a safe manner.
- Wildcard app: An app which has a primary function that does not fit in any of the above categories.
The developers of the Top 10 submissions will present their app to the judging panel, who will select the winner of each category. For app submission instructions, judging criteria, and additional information please visit the official contest page.