UPDATE (8/4/10, 10:47ET): Corrected the contest end date.
I’m on my way to New York City with some of my Windows colleagues to attend BlogHer’10, where we’ll join over 2,000 bloggers and journalists to share ideas about how to take advantage of technology to make our blogs more relevant, entertaining and impactful. I’ll be tweeting live from the Windows Suite onsite about all my adventures, so follow me @BenThePCGuy to keep up with the latest news.
There’s a ton going on this week including some fun sessions, a killer hardware showcase, and multiple chances to win a new Windows 7 PC. Here’s what you need to know:
Windows @ BlogHer ‘10
First off, we are hosting the Windows Suite in room 4331 at the Hilton New York, and I hope that everyone who is attending can come by to say hi. In the suite we’ll be showing off some of my favorite Windows PCs, and hosting a number of sessions on how PCs running Windows 7 and Windows Live can make your life easier:
- Session #1 is all about how to “Bring Your Blog To Life with Windows Live.” We’ll show you how to do more with your blog than you ever imagined. Using Windows Live, you’ll learn how to add rich content to your site including polished photos, slide shows, videos, maps and much more.
- Session #2 will teach how to use your PC for “Family Fun and Safety.” Your computer has the potential to provide you and your family with endless fun possibilities this summer and in this session you’ll learn everything from how to set web restrictions for the kids, to great online games for the whole family, to how to turn those summer vacation photos and videos into polished photos and home movies to treasure for years to come.
- Session # 3 is “Buying A PC 101,” hosted by yours truly. The process of buying a computer can be overwhelming so I’ll be filling you in on PC basics like RAM, new CPUs, graphics cards, drive space and more to help match you with the perfect PC.
Sessions are by pre-registration only, and you can sign up for them during our open office hours, which are August 6: 11:45 a.m.- 1:15 p.m. and 4:00-4:45 p.m. / August 7: 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 4:15-5:00 p.m. The Windows Suite is also open over lunchtime for anyone who wants to come by to meet the team, check out the gear or ask a question.
We’re also staffing the BlogHer Geek Lab. Come by to meet some of our Windows Gurus to ask questions about your PC and to learn more about the exciting Windows and Windows Live sessions taking place in our suite. Gurus will be in the lab on both days of the conference from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
PC Giveaway Contests for Event Attendees
I’m bringing along a
a bunch of really cool and slick Windows PCs to give away to attendees. Want one? Of course you do! Get your name into the hat in one of the following ways:
- Enter the Twitter Giveaway Contest by following me @BenThePCGuy. The only way to learn about the Twitter giveaway is to follow me, so click that “follow” button and keep an eye out for my tweets.
- Come by the Windows Suite to enter the on-site PC Giveaway. For this part of the contest we’re going old-school; come by the Suite to fill out an entry card.
- Enter the Blog Reader Giveaway, which starts NOW! Here’s the deal; if you’re an on-site attendee, follow me on Twitter and leave a comment on this blog about why you love Windows and/or Windows Live. We’ll randomly pick a winner from qualified entries and you can pick up your PC at the event. Remember to include an email address or Twitter handle in your comment so I can find you! The winner of the contest will be announced on Thursday, and of course I’ll contact you directly as well. The deadline for entries is Friday, August 5th Thursday, August 5th at 5pm Eastern Time. BTW, full contest rules are available here.
I’m also offering a special thank you to my new Twitter followers – if you’re the 100th new follower, you win a 30-minute on-site personal PC shopper consultation with me where I’ll personally help you find the perfect PC. I said find, not pay, so you’re on the hook for the actual purchase.
Like I said, there’s a lot going on. Remember to follow me on Twitter for the latest Windows news at the conference, and I’ll see you at the Hilton!