By now, you’ve likely seen our favorite new Windows ads running on television with Julie who “never shopped for a new PC, because she didn’t think there was anything better out there.” To show her what she was missing, we built a PC store in her house and filled it with the newest, sexiest, and fashionable Windows 7 PCs on the market. While we can’t do this for everyone, we can help you to create a beautiful new space with a stunning Windows 7 PC.
Combining a technology makeover with a room makeover means that you can proudly show off your beautiful new PC in a beautiful room. Today we are launching a contest on Facebook for a chance to win a grand prize package including a brand new Windows 7 PC All-in-One, two Windows 7 laptops, an Xbox 360 with Kinect, Kinect games, a flat screen monitor, wireless keyboard and $5,000 worth of interior design services with the help of television personality and designer, Vern Yip! Together, that is worth over $13,000 USD. Not to mention, if you don’t win the grand prize, you’ll still be eligible for incredible runner-up prizes.
- The contest launches today, Wednesday May 25th on the Windows Facebook page. To enter you’ll need to provide a few details about yourself and why you should win. The entry period is only for one week, so you’ll have to move fast. Then check back to vote for the top entrants!
In the meantime, be sure to join Windows for a live video chat with Vern Yip at 9 am PST / noon EST on Thursday, May 26th. To ask Vern for design advice and get tips on how to design with technology, visit Windows on Facebook or Twitter (#techmakeover), submit your question, and tune into the Windows Facebook page to watch the discussion. Participants also have the chance to win prizes via Twitter! See event details for more info.
- You can also, join us for a lively Twitter Party on May 26th @ 9pm EST with home design blogger and mom Elise Jones from Here in this House and special panelists: @nestnestnest, @complicatedmama, @rinfretblogger, @tracizeller, @emjnj and @pmaelee. We’ll be sharing interior design tips, tech tips and giving away a few great prizes including gift certificates to your favorite design stores. To RSVP, enter here.
Now that you’re wondering how PCs and design can truly co-exist think about these options:
– The sleek, sexy Samsung Series 9 is made from Duralumin – the same stuff that’s used to make fighter jets – and its perfect for a trendy contemporary room. The smooth black interior and razor thin design compliment dark walls, high design and a spirit for adventure.
– The Lenovo Ideapad U260 looks like a leather-bound book and would fit perfectly into a stately library with mahogany shelves, in-set window benches and a strong writing desk. The perfect symmetry between the new leather-looking PC and the leather bound books of old could show off your perfect grasp of design complexity.
– The HP Touchsmart 610 with its mega tilt screen is perfect for use in the kitchen. You can fold down the screen for easy use in making and creating recipes. This superior form and functionality is exactly what beautiful kitchens are all about. Think how chic this would look when paired with that $6,000 kitchen range you’ve been dreaming about for years!
– Design is all about flights of fancy and the Sony VAIO Y is no different. In hot pink (or brilliant silver) it screams out about individuality and fun with technology, and yet it hides big “PC Power” and a long lasting battery life behind its fun exterior. This computer is perfect for a bedroom or hot modern living room. In the below image from Lonny Magazine, the Sony VAIO Y would be the perfect accent piece as it plays with the throw blanket and off-beat wall paper. I’d call it design perfection!
Think you have a beautiful room with a beautiful complimentary PC? Share your photos on the Facebook page and we might even feature your top photo here!
Room images from Lonnymag.com
Have questions? Ask me on Twitter @kristinalibby