Most PCs are built to last. They can take the occasional bump and bruise, a bit of water spilled across the keyboard, and some jostling in a backpack. But what if you need something sturdier? Something that can be dropped, soaked, or dragged through the mud?
Then you need a ruggedized PC. These things are built to work in the nastiest & toughest conditions and they’re often used by the military, law enforcement, and professionals in a wide variety of tough fields like construction and heavy industry.
To show you exactly how tough these PCs are, Lee Sabow and I shot a video where we put some of our favorite business-rugged and fully-rugged PCs to the test. Check it out:
Pretty impressive, right? Rugged PCs are a great choice if you’re hard on your gear. For reference, these are the PCs we beat up in today’s video:
- Panasonic ToughBook CF31 full-rugged laptop. This is the one we buried in sand.
- Panasonic ToughBook U1 ultra-mobile. This was our basketball PC.
- Panasonic ToughBook H1 Medical Tablet We used this one to play tennis & soaked it in bleach. (NOTE: Since we shot this video, Panasonic’s upgraded this to the H2.)
- Samsung 9 Series. Fresh salad, anyone?
- Lenovo ThinkPad X220. This was the PC that we water-logged. It’s still running…evidenced by the fact that I wrote this blog post on it!
Follow me on Twitter for the latest in Windows PC and Windows Phone news, or to ask a question about either!