I have to admit that I can be a bit of a thrill seeker but there is no way I’m letting my nieces and nephews take chances with their online safety. That’s one of the reasons we reached out to blogger and mom Monica Villa of The Online Mom to share her tips, tricks and suggestions for keeping kids safe online.
- Join us from 12-1 PT (3-4 ET) on Twitter
- Follow the hashtag #win7tech
- Follow @windows, @kristinalibby, @brandonleblanc, @benthepcguy, @theonlinemom, @benreedpro and @windowsblog to make sure you get the whole picture.
For background on the discussion:
- Learn how teachers are also the victims of cyber-bullying
- Read how to prevent identity theft
- Find out the right approach to posting images of your children online
- Determine if teaching your child to think safe is the right approach to keeping your child safe.
Note we will only be talking about the outlined topic each week and we will not be answering questions outside those topics. Questions for this week may include: Should I worry about my child being on Facebook? What controls does Windows 7 offer to protect my child? Does IE9 have online safety features?