We like to talk about a lot of different things during our Tech Tuesday Live Twitter Chats and this week we are packaging together some really cool content. It all started with a conversation with the Microsoft Citizenship Team (@msftcitizenship) about their cool initiative called STEMtember. For those of you who donât know, STEM is the acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math education which is critical to prepare the job seekers of the future. Did you know that in the United States, the U.S. Department of Labor estimates there will be more than 1.2 million job openings in STEM-related fields by 2018, but not enough people to fill them?
Our chat is going to focus on the facts, data and resources for people interested in STEM education and careers. Yet, we are also going to discuss the tools that you need to get there i.e. the best PCs for STEM-minded students that donât break the bank, the applications you need to help your children succeed and the things you need to know to help them reach their goals.
- Join us from 12-1 PT (3-4 ET) on Twitter
- Follow the hashtag #win7tech and #STEMtember
- Follow @windows, @kristinalibby, @brandonleblanc, @benthepcguy, @msftcitizenship, and @windowsblog to make sure you get the whole picture.
Also, as a thank you for participating, weâll be doing a giveaway! To enter, you must be online during the chat, following the #win7tech hashtag and the @windowsblog Twitter handle. The @windowsblog handle will tweet out 3 questions and make you aware of those questions by marking them in a tweet with Q1, Q2, and Q3. Entrants will be eligible for one of two $50 gift cards to the Microsoft Store redeemable online or in the story, full Terms and Conditions.
While you are waiting for Tech Tuesday to start, check out the following links to get up to speed:
- What is STEM and STEM Education?
- What do parents think of STEM? (survey results)
- PC effectiveness and usage ideas for parents of students with disabilities
- Ben the PC guyâs review of PCs for the whole family
See you on Tuesday!