This month we’re asking you to submit a photograph of your favorite place. Where is it that you find most beautiful, most comforting, most exciting, most awesome? Here’s an example of such a photograph:
This photograph was taken by me using my HTC Titan II, and edited with the Thumba Photo App (the “Burned” filter). It was taken from the rooftop of a New York City hotel on 11th Avenue. I love New York City—its sights, sounds, and energy. A rooftop view of the city affords a paradox of sensations: serenity juxtaposed with the bustling noises of the city down below. I love the view and feel of this place, and it makes me miss my East Coast roots.
That’s my story and photograph. I invite you to share yours. As usual, all winning photos will be featured on the Windows Phone Blog, as well as across our Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest channels. We will, of course, provide credit and even link to your website or blog if possible.
When you send in your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, please let us know which phone you took it with, which photo apps you used, and 2-3 sentences describing the photo, the circumstances under which it was taken, and why it represents your favorite place. Feel free to also include your website, so that we can link to it where appropriate. We’re looking forward to seeing what you all come up with! Here is how to enter:
- To enter, please e-mail your entry to email@example.com.
- In the subject line of your e-mail, please write “CONTEST: PLACES”.
- The photo you send must have been taken with and/or edited on a Windows Phone. Please attach the original JPEG file to your e-mail, with metadata included. If the photo has been edited, please let us know which apps/settings you used.
- Please name your file using your first and last name, followed by the theme of the contest (this month it’s “Places”). So, for instance, my e-mail would include a photograph named DavidChenPlaces.JPG.
- Please use the highest resolution possible when sending your photos.
- One entry per person, please.
- This challenge runs from now until 11:59 p.m. PDT on Sunday, October 7th, 2012.
- After the contest deadline, we will look over all of your entries and choose our favorites. Entries will be judged on their creativity, resourcefulness, aesthetic beauty, and just the overall impression your photo makes on us.
- Winning entries will be posted on the blog, as well as shared on our Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest pages about two weeks after the contest has ended.
- Read the full rules here.
Updated November 7, 2014 8:24 pm