Earlier this week, the NOOK Team announced a pretty major update to the NOOK App for Windows 8 (Version 1.5).
This update makes the app faster and easier to use, but also includes a bunch of new features:
- A simplified user interface that makes it easier to browse, search and find the books and magazines you want
- Highlights, annotations and dictionary look-up – plus find words or phrases in books
- Faster performance – open the app, scroll and turn pages faster than ever before
- Multi-tasking muscle – download books, magazines and comics in the background while you read, shop or use other apps
- More magazines – including People, Sports Illustrated, TIME, Real Simple, InStyle and Entertainment Weekly
- Side-loading of your own PDFs and ePub documents from your local drive
To celebrate, NOOK is offering 50% off select New York Times bestsellers and popular magazine issues if you get the updated app by July 9. So go download the app today!