Brad Sams asked me on Twitter yesterday if we had a list of new keyboard shortcuts in the Windows 10 Technical Preview. Here is what I was able to pull together for the keyboard junkies out there:
- Snapping window: WIN + LEFT or RIGHT (can be used with UP or DOWN to get into quadrants)
- Switch to recent window: ALT + TAB (unchanged) – Hold shows new Task view window view, let go and switches to app.
- Task view: WIN + TAB – New Task view opens up and stays open.
- Create new virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + D
- Close current virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + F4
- Switch virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + LEFT or RIGHT
Scott Hanselman also did a very thorough post on keyboard shortcuts (hotkeys) for Command Prompt in the Windows 10 Technical Preview if you’re into that sort of thing.