Acer announced today that it is expanding its smartphone business to the United States for the first time by bringing its award-winning Liquid M220 smartphone to Microsoft Stores. The Liquid M220 is the first Liquid smartphone to run on the Windows Phone 8.1 operating system and is supported by Acer for the free Windows Phone 10 upgrade.(1)
The Liquid M220 was designed to provide essential features for those looking for a simple, easy to use and very affordable smartphone. Its 4-inch 233 pixels per inch (PPI) WVGA (480×800) display delivers clear images for enjoying social media, while front and rear cameras let customers snap selfie pictures and record video on-the-go. A 5MP auto-focus rear camera with LED flash and an 89-degree wide-angle lens captures memorable moments, even in large scenes. In addition, the 2MP fixed-focus front camera can take fun videos on the fly for sharing on social media and support videoconferences with family and friends. Compact and comfortably light weight, it measures just 4.9- x 2.5-x .38-inches and weighs only 4.2 ounces. The user interface is intuitive and easy to customize and fully supports Microsoft applications and services such as OneDrive, Skype, Office and the Cortana(2) digital assistant. The Liquid M220 is powered by a Qualcomm® Snapdragon 200 processor(3) with dual core CPUs at speeds of up to 1.2GHz, 1GB memory and a replaceable 1300mAh battery that provides up to 3 hours talk time and up to 200 hours in standby on a single charge.(4) It provides ample room for archiving photos and videos with 8GB storage capacity(5) that can be expanded with a Micro SD card.
The Liquid M220 smartphone will be available at Microsoft Stores and MicrosoftStore.com in the United States in Mystic Black and Pure White for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $79.99 in June.
- Windows Phone 10 upgrade on Liquid M220 coming after Windows Phone 10 launch later this year; may incur limited features due to platform technical specifications. Some hardware/software may limitations apply and feature availability may vary by device. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. Your Internet Service Provider may charge you additional fees. Should customers decide to approach an Acer Service Center to perform the upgrade, Acer reserves the right to charge for the service provided. The free upgrade offer is valid only during the first year of Windows 10 availability.
- Cortana personal assistant is currently deploying in its alpha version and availability may vary on country, system language, and product SKU.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Qualcomm and Snapdragon are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries.
- Actual battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings and applications or features launched.
- Accessible capacity varies: (MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes)