Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Gets an Update
Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta got an update today bringing you exciting new features. In Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta build anything from makeshift shelters to the grandest of castles! Create and explore your very own world where the only limit is what you can imagine- just be sure to build a shelter before night comes to keep yourself safe from monsters. Find materials and craft tools, items, food, and weapons to survive. Millions of crafters around the world have smashed billions of blocks!
Features that players will enjoy:
- NEW! For the first time ever, play cross-platform multiplayer on your local network with up to 4 friends using Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
- NEW! Play in the beta with up to 4 of your Xbox LIVE friends both near and far in online multiplayer.
- NEW! Buff up your equipment with special effects from enchanting tables.
- Switch seamlessly between your favored method of input – controller, touch, or mouse & keyboard can be activated and used in an instant.
- Record and share your feats to the web with Xbox LIVE GameDVR.
- Take advantage of limitless supplies and make anything you can imagine in Creative Mode.
- Mine for precious items, craft tools, go on exciting adventures, and defend yourself from the creatures of the night in Survival Mode.
- Immerse yourself in a gigantic world with new enhancements to weather effects – snow accumulation, softer transitions and even THUNDERSNOW.
- Also features chickens, zombies, pigs, boats, armed skeletons, po ta toes, zombies, baby squids, enchanted items, villagers, naked sheep, iron golems, potions, ghasts, pickaxes, carrots, and lots, lots more.
Players who already have the PC edition of Minecraft will be able to download the Windows 10 beta version free. Others can download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition at a discounted price of $10 through the beta period. Players who download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition during the beta phase will still have the game when it comes out of beta, and receive all future updates to the game at no additional cost. Mojang.com is hosting an interactive quest on their website to celebrate the update, head over to their website to learn more.